The Student Room Group

Edexcel Fp2 Unofficial Markscheme 06/06/2018

Scroll to see replies

If in the 2ODE question i messed up the CF and go at carries x^2 coefficient was 1/2 (bear in mind this means all cf coefficients were wrong + my values for A & B were wrong), how many marks will this lose me? (Assuming I did it correctly besides this error)
Does anyone remember the whole question 8?
How many marks will i lose if I didn't put the roots in the form a +bi? but instead in the form r(cos.. +isin..) ??
Original post by jaspreetb
I think we'd both only gain 1 mark out of 3 from that

Judging from all of the past grade boundaries, we should've gotten over 90 ums definitely

I think I may have done the Taylor expansion wrong and put 6/2! as 2 instead of 3 for the x^2 term so I might drop down to 85 ums 😭
Original post by Christina121
How many marks will i lose if I didn't put the roots in the form a +bi? but instead in the form r(cos.. +isin..) ??

2 marks
Reply 45
Original post by Christina121

It was 4 marks, so probably 2.
Reply 46
Original post by UCAS and Chill
I think I may have done the Taylor expansion wrong and put 6/2! as 2 instead of 3 for the x^2 term so I might drop down to 85 ums 😭

You'd probably drop 1 mark..
Any idea of grade boundaries? Last years were horrendous
How many marks was q6b?
Original post by omarathon
You'd probably drop 1 mark..

Yeah 1 mark there and 2 marks for messing up the +C bit of Q8 so 72/75. And if they up the boundaries by 1 from last year then that's 85ums
Original post by jonniedey7t7

Thought it was about the same in difficulty as last year so same grade boundaries. Cant see it being higher
Original post by ThomasRules
8a was the integration by substitution with t=x^2, I think it was like 2x^5e^-x^2dx
8b was the first order de, something like x*dy/dx + 4y = 2x^2*e^-x^2

cheers mate, remember any of the other questions?
Reply 52
How many marks was the proof in 7a?
Reply 53
Original post by webb-tom2
Thought I'd start off an unofficial markscheme, with what I can remember:

1b) n/4(n+4)
c) 4/153

2) v=-1

4) x>2+sqrt(6)
x<-2+sqrt(6)

5) 2 + x + 3x^3 + (1/4)x^3

6) PI = x^2 + (3/2)x + 13/4
A=-9/4 B=-1 (Either way around)

7b) 11pi/2

8) c= 5/e

I agree with you
Original post by jonniedey7t7

I’d say like last year
Reply 55
Original post by Amarante
I’d say like last year

That was about the same as last year the grade boundaries are gonna be rough :frown:
Reply 56
Original post by Fooks
How many marks was the proof in 7a?

I think is 6.
Can someone explain the particular solution for question 6, somehow I got -13/8 for both A and B
apparently it's -9/4 and -1
what do you guys reckon are the mark breakdown for question 8? i accidentally did the equation as 4x^3y instead of x^4 for part b and c, but i did get c=5/e at some point due to x=1 how many marks do you reckon id lose?
00F75936-F637-4D43-8E93-B084DBF7D5DC.png
E01CA8D9-C8F5-4267-8FEF-3B150C540E86.png

thanks to u/phantirk

Quick Reply

Latest