The Student Room Group

Edexcel Mechanics M1 2018 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

How many marks dropped for getting 6.66N for Q2??
Reply 81
Alot different to other papers... the lift question was the most challenging in my opinion
Original post by Exam stress12345
How did people find it in general?

it was a god send of a paper, loved it!!! Praise the Lord
Reply 83
Original post by ibouyvouyvouyv
you can't round up for that question because it is a maximum value so answer is 6 people

I thought u can cos it asks in 2sf for everything else and 6.9.. is 7.0 to 2sf but idk
Reply 84
Original post by notarealname2000
I swear it said find the max value of P not minimum?

It was minimum
I'm not sure how you guys found out the tension, but tension depends on weights present on the bar.
With 3 unknown variables for part b), even if you eliminate one variable by measuring moments around it, it's basically going to be impossible to find the other two simultaneously. Because the Tc you worked out in the part before doesn't apply at all to the new model given in the second part
did anyone get 13.4 m s^-2 as the acceleration of the vector with a bearing 243?
I got two people in the lift 😕
image.jpg
1) 1/4 u and 5/4 u
2) 6.66
3) can't remember but it was hard
4) I got 24 for U and 0.105 for t
5) lift one 708N (I think) and 7 occupants (got 7.76 and rounded down)
6) a is 6 root 5
7) inextensible,acceleration is 1.176, for part c you find the distance travelled by Q which is h plus 3h/25 ( found using suvat for Q v of P as u of Q and using -9.8 for a)
Original post by AlkynesOfTruble
it was a god send of a paper, loved it!!! Praise the Lord

Despite freedom of speech etc.. no-one really likes to hear other people smashed the paper and found it really easy..

Well done though.
Reply 90
Original post by Wester123
7 people in lift i got

Na it was 6 cos it said tension couldn't exceed 10 000N and the answer was 6.98 or something so you had to round down. You probably got all the marks apart from the last one though
Original post by officialjulie1
again, I got 9 people and not tryna be cocky but I’m 100% right I triple checked so you’ve just bagged urself 7 marks bud

you forgot to include the weight in the F part of F=ma
Reply 92
How many marks would I get if resolved forces up the plane for question 2 instead of down out of 10
again, I got 9 people and not tryna be cocky but I’m 100% right I triple checked so you’ve just bagged urself 7 marks bud
you haven’t taken into account the weight of the lift. Should be -250g as well
I got 2 people in the lift but ivealways been so **** at them
Reply 95
Original post by Kushal_09
Don't you have to count the weight of the lift while resolving?

That’s what I did and I got 2 people...
Original post by frankabagnale
Despite freedom of speech etc.. no-one really likes to hear other people smashed the paper and found it really easy..

Well done though.

Ffs I don't like to hear people say they failed the people because come on, that was piss easy in comparison to last years paper which I only scored 85UMS in :frown:

Thanks, how'd you find it?
Reply 97
If you didn’t get 5.42 you must’ve ****ed up with sin or cos somewhere, maybe done them the wrong way around, I do these questions in my sleep and it was defo 5.42

I got 5.42 then did it again and got 6.66. My mistake the first time was
to use psin(20) and pcos(20), whereas it should have been psin(50) pcos(50).

:smile:
Why don’t they take the stupid stairs
Reply 99
Am I the only one that got 6.66N for Q2 (the one about P)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending