Turn on thread page Beta

How hard do you compete? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How intense are you? An easy going person, or someone who pushes themselves intensely and wants to have something hard, wants to be in the thick of it?
    Or do you prefer the quiet life?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the situation, really.
    I'm more competitive than not, though. I like to win.
    I hate being wrong. And I hate people who can't admit they're wrong.

When I'm lazy, I am indifferent to the world.

ReputationRep:
    I compete a lot, anything that involves a winner ill try my hardest to win just ask my friends on the PS3 network hehe and at school as well it becomes a bit of a problem, but i have reduced it so im in the middle or close to the intense area :rolleeyes:

ReputationRep:
    The quiet life will do me just fine. I really dont care enough about much to be competitive.

When I want something, I want it a lot. But that isn't too often.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not very competitive. I prefer to just be myself, and do things for myself rather than comparing things to other people. I only get competitive on eBay. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely one who looks for a quiet life over competition. I potter through life at a pace I am happy with. That's the main thing in my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Depends.

I consider myself very calm and placid, although if I want something, then I will aim to win it, etc...

ReputationRep:
    I think some people achieve better when faced with competition, but sometimes when things are intensely competitive it can have the opposite effect with me. If I don't "beat" someone, I just accept it, and don't get worked up over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glowstix)
    Depends on the situation, really.
    I'm more competitive than not, though. I like to win.
    I hate being wrong. And I hate people who can't admit they're wrong.

When I'm lazy, I am indifferent to the world.
    :dito: I think thats the same for me to be honest. i hate being wrong but i will admit it if i am.

ReputationRep:
    As long as I'm reaching my own goals and targets, I'm not particularly fussed about what everyone else is doing, or whether I'm 'beating' them.

ReputationRep:
    If I decide to compete, then I expect to be the best. Mostly I choose to not compete though, as it involves less stress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    How intense are you? An easy going person, or someone who pushes themselves intensely and wants to have something hard, wants to be in the thick of it?
    Or do you prefer the quiet life?
    I'm very intense. I believe in myself, and i believe nothing can stop me.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on who the competition is.

ReputationRep:
    Why did i get neg repped? lol. Joke.

ReputationRep:
    Not competitive at all really, "winning" is just a bonus

ReputationRep:
    This is what the person said to me after neg repping me:

"worthless input Please go look at some trash.....oh look there is a mirror there, go look at that"

Make of it what you want.

ReputationRep:
    Not really a competitive person to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I am actually really, really, stupidly competitive. Competitive to the point where I get quite stressed and worked up about it.

If I do something, I have to do it properly, and it has to be better than everyone else. But I still like it when my friends do well as well... I woudln't like to do well at the expense of everyone else - they say it's lonely at the top :p: I like having friends who are good as well, not just because it's better competition, but because it makes for a healthy rivalry.

I fall down on things like coursework, though. I'm just too damn lazy for that!

ReputationRep:
    Used to be very, now I just think **** it. I don't play video games against people though because I'm scared of losing

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.