What makes an impressive facebook profile? Watch

ConservativeLibertarian
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Some facebook profiles are cluttered with applications, some are not. Some profiles list what one likes and dislikes, some profiles do not. But what makes a facebook profile attractive to you? What makes you think "wow this profile is cool"?
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As long as it isn't filled with 23482347593547 applications and I can get to the wall easily I don't really mind. I'd hardly ever think to myself "wow this profile is cool" because they all look the same and there's not a whole lot you can say on there. Clever/funny quotes are good I guess...
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
boobs
gaijin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ConservativeLibertarian)
Some facebook profiles are cluttered with applications, some are not. Some profiles list what one likes and dislikes, some profiles do not. But what makes a facebook profile attractive to you? What makes you think "wow this profile is cool"?
One with loads of friends and shows you're shagging a fine piece of ass.
Sidhe
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Start up your own group, that makes you look cool. For example I am the founding and only member of the dangerously disturbed loaner group and it's invite only. On second thoughts that's not a very good example.
louisedotcom
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like profiles which have minimal applications, and if they do they must be tidily arranged (ie not all grouped in one place, so you have to scroll down loads to get to anything) I hate the Super wall so anyone with that can bugger off.

I also like profiles which actually have the Interests, music, films, about me (etc) sections filled in. Not necessarily huge long lists of all the bands you like, but enough to be informative. If people have nothing in those sections, ive already lost interest.
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i dont rele know how to use it, it confused me with all the application invites and crap!

and my account is like broke. i think facebook hates me!
xxxchrisxxx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
100000 apps and 300000000 friends. also photos of you drunk and smoking cannabis while being fellated.
Archibald246
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate pages with tonnes of applications, i mean who the hell wants to know 'what swear word are you?'!!!
Excalibur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One with minimal applications - only ones with an actual purpose, like Extended Info, Going2uni etc that tell you a bit more about the person.

I agree with Louise that I like it when people fill in the about me section properly - it's nice to see they had bothered, and also gives you an (admittedly superficial) idea about what that person likes.
Tofufi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really couldn't care less what someones facebook profile looks like. I don't read them.
generalebriety
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ManxKirsty)
I hate pages with tonnes of applications, i mean who the hell wants to know 'what swear word are you?'!!!
I'm ****.
~Ally~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As long as i can find the wall within approx 3 seconds, i'm happy. People can have as many or as few applications as they want, whatever floats your longboat.. Just DON'T freakin' send me them! annoys the crap out of me.. No i don't want to throw an easter egg at you, no i don't want to compare you, if i do, i'll see the application on someone's page and add it myself. Bah humbug
tired yet?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you can't really mkae them look good, they all look the same. myspace ftw
nosnibor
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If he/she is hot.
If he/she has a lot of recent comments on the wall.
If he/she has some witty quotes on the wall.
- skyhigh -
Report 10 years ago
Tbh the wall is the only thing I look at.
Clubber Lang
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
simplicity - i dont mind one or 2 apps but when i load ap age and see it has about 50 boxes for applications udner the profile picture i know it will be a bloody pain - the wall is usually the main bit and sometiems it can be hidden under 30 other apps!
Clubber Lang
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by generalebriety)
I'm ****.
And you are ginger, so your facebook profile must be prettty shocking :p:

Can i see it?
generalebriety
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Clubber Lang)
And you are ginger, so your facebook profile must be prettty shocking :p:

Can i see it?
Never seen a ginger guy before? :p:
Clubber Lang
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by generalebriety)
Never seen a ginger guy before? :p:
I see them and take the piss.

Time for some cyber bullying
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads