MSc Finance Uni Edinburgh vs Cass Watch

Lstnbr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Dear all,
I know that you are probably tired of comparing universities (again!) but as none of my friends etc knows anything about that topic in more detail, I would really appreciate other opinions.

The situation: I got an offer from University of Edinburgh and Cass Business School (and UC Dublin, which I actually don't want to consider further but just fyi). My goal is that me and my girlfriend can study in the same city together, also to share costs, and we both have offers in the said universities. The problem is that my girlfriend strongly prefers Edinburgh as she cannot afford to spend so much money and Edinburgh (uni + living) is just way cheaper than London. However, she would do a compromise if I would really want to go to London. Now I ask myself, if Cass Business School is really worth it? London (uni + living) is also for me more expensive, of course and I don't want to put a burden on my girlfriend. If we would talk about LSE or so, I would definitely go but I wondered now if Cass is so much better than Edinburgh regarding the finance master in terms of career services, connections to banks in the city, etc. you know what I mean... so far I heard mixed opinions, some preferring Cass, some saying Edinburgh is better.

Note: My goal is not to get desperately into IB. If an opportunity is there, I would certainly try but I want to keep my options open. I am open to work in London, but would also not mind to go back to Germany (Frankfurt) or Switzerland (Zürich) or even into corporate banking in the industry.

I hope you can understand my situation and give me some advice, happy to explain further though! Many thanks in advance! :-)
boburchin
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ok it goes without saying that London is a far superior place to study if you want to start a career in any sort of business/corporate/financial industry. This is simply because there are far more recruiting events and opportunities to network etc in London than in Edinburgh. This is because most financial institutions are headquartered in London.An MSC in Finance from Cass is world renown, and London isn't TOO expensive. It may cost more here, but you're also paid more-so if you have a part time job it's possible.Choose London
SLGCT
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello, I think Edinburgh is a well established university. It's true Cass has a lot of networking events and the career service is good but at the same time I think Edinburgh Uni is a good option if you want to save money and still have excellent lecturers and services.

I did my undergrad at Cass, I like it but I still would consider Edinburgh. Try to talk with alumni.
Lstnbr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Many thanks for your answers so far! :-)
Does anyone else can contribute something to the thread? Thanks in advance!
jpt4749
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think both are great in terms of business school but Edinburgh is wider known due to being more reputable internationally and this will give you extra advantage for career opportunities ^_^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (131)
18.02%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.04%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (126)
17.33%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.44%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (222)
30.54%

Watched Threads