Report 10 years ago
Top 5 for Postgrad business (MBA):

Tier 1 - LBS, Oxford-Said, Cambridge-Judge

Tier 2 - Warwick, Manchester, Cranfield, Tanaka

Tier 3 - Edinburgh, Lancaster, Cass, Nottingham
Saiury
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
Seems like i'm bringing back to life an old topic,but what do you think about Coventry ? I've applied for International Business Management and now i'm having second toughts. Help !
jamz0770
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Saiury)
Seems like i'm bringing back to life an old topic,but what do you think about Coventry ? I've applied for International Business Management and now i'm having second toughts. Help !
Haha thats alright, To be honest its decent but far from the best, but it depends. What are your grades/predicted grades? It depends on how you feel though, if you like the university and course then that can play a factor, as outside of the top business schools there is little difference really and going to one you will enjoy and therefore do better at both the degree and with extra curriculars could be a plus
redshoes17
Report 8 years ago
what about birmingham?
jamz0770
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by redshoes17)
what about birmingham?
Well like a number of others its not the best but not the worst, depends really. What are your predictions?
redshoes17
Report 8 years ago
well i already got an offer of AAB. not many people seem to talk about it but the course seems more interesting than others.
i have an offer from manchester aswell though
jamz0770
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by redshoes17)
well i already got an offer of AAB. not many people seem to talk about it but the course seems more interesting than others.
i have an offer from manchester aswell though
Well I'd say Manchester's Business school is more respected but its really upto you, I'd just go to whichever you prefer and if you the course at Birmingham I'd go there
Haris.gul
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cass!!!!
mdsj2
Report 8 years ago
whats about lancaster?

And warwick?
jdh12345
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what would be a good backup for business, looking for grades BBB - BBC, but one that is also respectable?. Sorry to change the topic but couldnt find anywhere else.
jamz0770
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jdh12345)
what would be a good backup for business, looking for grades BBB - BBC, but one that is also respectable?. Sorry to change the topic but couldnt find anywhere else.
University of East Anglia and University of Kent both have BBB/BBC offers and are often ranked as top 35 business schools, not amazing but respectable
_Saaaam_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Could anyone tell me how good the business school/business degrees are at UEA and the university overall?

KAUSARMARIAM
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paddy)
LSE and Kings College London are two of the best unis for business. UCL is good too (in London) but only does Information Management for Business (which I'm currently doing) - it's basically half computing and half management.
Royal Holloway is near London and also is good for business/management.

Sorry to say but Herts uni is NOT GOOD. Aston is good but there are MANY MORE better universities that do business. Here is the following list of universities and courses (the names of the courses might not be exactly correct as I am doing this from memory) that I would advise you to consider:

Oxford - Economics and Management
Warwick - Management, International Business
LSE - Management
Kings - Business Management
Bath - Business Management
Nottingham - Management
Edinburgh - Business Studies
Loughborough - Business Studies
Royal Holloway - Business Management
UCL - Information Management for Business
City - Management

Don't put a lot of faith in university rankings, especially not the subject rankings. A lot of people will say "oh well university x has a good business department" when in fact the university AS A WHOLE is inferior. Employers don't care what the department is like when it's a degree like business/management, they care about you and what university you went to. For instance a lot of people rate City's management degree because of Cass Business School, but City itself is actually quite bad and their management degree is not affiliated to Cass because Cass is only concerned with postgraduate. Similarly Durham's business degree is NOT ACTUALLY AT DURHAM, it's in their crappy Stockton campus.

Most importantly do research yourself. A lot.
Can you update this so it is up-to-date for 2015 applicants, for me, I am applying for Business Management, I have already written the first draft for PS and I am now finalising my university choices on UCAS.
The update will be much appreciated. :chaplin:
saycheese:)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KAUSARMARIAM)
Can you update this so it is up-to-date for 2015 applicants, for me, I am applying for Business Management, I have already written the first draft for PS and I am now finalising my university choices on UCAS.
Hey so which 5 unis did you pick so far? I'm going for the same course as well
KAUSARMARIAM
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by saycheese:))
Hey so which 5 unis did you pick so far? I'm going for the same course as well
I haven't finalised my university choices yet however what I do have current are, in no specific order:
1. King's College London
2. London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
3. Oxford

Universities that I have removed from my university choices are:
1. University of Bath
2. University of St Andrews
3. Loughborough university
4. Durham university
5. The university of Warwick
6. University of Westminster
4. University of Edinburgh

As you may see I'm in actuality not that certain on what uni to add, do I fill up and have 5 or whatever and leave it as it is. On the other hand I do know that I want to go to LSE because the course sounds suitable for me and it is Business Mathematics and Statistics, I would enjoy it so much. Oxford has the legendary reputation with it and to do Economics and Management which is the name of the course I need to take TSA ox test hmmm.
What about you?
University of Suffolk Official Rep
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys,

My name is Chris and I am a graduate from the University Campus Suffolk (UCS) Business School and I can highly recommend the Business courses at UCS. UCS is now sitting 44th in the Guardian Subject Tables after jumping up over 40 places in one year... so if you are looking for a Business School that is on the up then I would consider UCS to be among your choices.

If you would like any info about the content of the course then feel free to ask away or post on the UCS thread.

All the best with your decisions,
Chris
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KAUSARMARIAM)
Tier 1: Oxford / Warwick / LSE / UCL

Tier 2: Cass (City) / King's / Loughborough / Edinburugh
KAUSARMARIAM
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Official University Campus Suffolk Rep)
Hi guys,

My name is Chris and I am a graduate from the University Campus Suffolk (UCS) Business School and I can highly recommend the Business courses at UCS. UCS is now sitting 44th in the Guardian Subject after jumping up over 40 places in one year... so if you are looking for a Business School that is on the up then I would consider UCS to be among your choices.

If you would like any info about the content of the course then feel free to ask away or post on the UCS thread.

All the best with your decisions,
Chris
How did you find your course when reflecting on it?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mariusk03)
If I had to decide between going to King's College and Cass for (Business) Management, what would you guys advice? What paddy mentioned above with the good department in a University that doesn't have the best reputation makes a lot of sense.. But does anyone else think that way or is that just a personal opinion?
On job applications Cass is seperate to City regardless.

If it's such a concern, than your mind is made up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (2)
28.57%
Pro-humanity (5)
71.43%