fire brigade Watch

This discussion is closed.
random_bloke
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by an_end_has_a_start)
£40 that i dont have. besides its over and done with now. locksmiths didnt cross my mind, and even if they did it would have been too late anyway because as i said my friend just phoned the fire brigade
outrageous, i find this attitude extraordinary. The fire brigade are there as a last resort WHEN THERE IS RISK OF DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY OR SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, it was an ENTIRELY inappropriate use of the emergency services and I really do hope they levy a charge for inappropriate use.
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
personally i'd be more worried about other rediculous things your paying tax for that one night when my friend may have uncessarily rung the fire brigade
I'd assume from the fact you didn't answer my question that you aren't a taxpayer, so why is it that you came on here to tell us that we've paid for the fire brigade to come out and do a locksmiths job, yet you haven't! And you continue to try and argue your case! This is ridiculous!
an_end_has_a_start
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by random_bloke)
outrageous, i find this attitude extraordinary. The fire brigade are there as a last resort WHEN THERE IS RISK OF DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY OR SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, it was an ENTIRELY inappropriate use of the emergency services and I really do hope they levy a charge for inappropriate use.
well they wont be 'levying a charge' to me, because i didnt phone them.
an_end_has_a_start
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alex L)
I'd assume from the fact you didn't answer my question that you aren't a taxpayer, so why is it that you came on here to tell us that we've paid for the fire brigade to come out and do a locksmiths job, yet you haven't! And you continue to try and argue your case! This is ridiculous!

i'm not arguing my case as such as i have said several times that i agree that it was a rediculous reason, and i have also said several times that i didnt phone them, and because my friend was on the other side of the bathroom door i was very limited to what i could do about her phoning them.
OiaB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think someones getting bit tetchy..
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'm not arguing my case as such as i have said several times that i agree that it was a rediculous reason, and i have also said several times that i didnt phone them, and because my friend was on the other side of the bathroom door i was very limited to what i could do about her phoning them.
Wtf are you doing then?!
an_end_has_a_start
Rep:
?
(Original post by OiaB)
i think someones getting bit tetchy..
wouldnt you be if the same 3 people were reiterating the same points to you over and over again no matter how much you say you agree with what they say?
OiaB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wouldnt you be if the same 3 people were reiterating the same points to you over and over again no matter how much you say you agree with what they say?
you keep shooting yourself in the foot though... stop giving them reason to keep telling you the same thing.

Your wrong, their right. deal with it and stop replying in such a haughty attitude
an_end_has_a_start
Rep:
?
(Original post by OiaB)
you keep shooting yourself in the foot though... stop giving them reason to keep telling you the same thing.

Your wrong, their right. deal with it and stop replying in such a haughty attitude

i accept that they are right and i am wrong, i didnt post this thread for this though. i mearly asked if there would be any follow up because i've never been in a situation to ring the fire brigade before.
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by OiaB)

Looks like we've just made it four people doing it...
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks to whoever repped me, without putting their name lol
ukebert
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Wangers)
Surely the simplist and cheapest solution would have been to get a couple of lads from the local drinking fountain to unload some aggression onto that door? All you'd have to do is stroke their pride a bit and pay them off with a couple of pints.
(Original post by L i b)
Or by kicking the door down?
Do you know how much a door, lock, handle and hinges cost? And they might have to replace the frame as well if it was kicked in. A locksmith is much MUCH cheaper.
MaryKay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Wangers)
Because people pay a large portion of their wages into tax, its the principle.

I am a taxpayer - and I care.
Me too.
Must be stats somewhere as to the huge amounts of tax revenue that are wasted on frivolous call-outs to the emergency services.
OiaB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i accept that they are right and i am wrong, i didnt post this thread for this though. i mearly asked if there would be any follow up because i've never been in a situation to ring the fire brigade before.
you've had your response, now leave it.

you keep trying to justify yourself which is silly.

raWr. your just annoying
an_end_has_a_start
Rep:
?
Moderator Please Close This Thread
jose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This thread is brilliant. Someone will be getting rep, one last comment might swing it your way...
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ukebert)
Do you know how much a door, lock, handle and hinges cost? And they might have to replace the frame as well if it was kicked in. A locksmith is much MUCH cheaper.
I confess myself ignorant of this. I would think the actual material (a bog standard wooden door) wouldn't cost much, but getting a transman to fit it might be expensive in the era of call out charges etc, feel free to enlighten me

(This is why I also suggested taking a hockey stick to the lock mechanism instead).
random_bloke
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why should the mods close a thread which is still in discussion?
OiaB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol this thread is v. amusing.

she is now wishing she hadn't started it XD
an_end_has_a_start
Rep:
?
because apparently i have to accept that i am wrong and you are right (which i have done) and therefore would suggest we cannot discuss this further

quote OiaB: "leave it"
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1336)
79.67%
Leave (341)
20.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed