The Student Room Group

How reliable is Unistats? I'm primarily trying to get an idea of graduate prospects

How reliable is Unistats? I'm primarily trying to get an idea of graduate prospects
Original post by Brahiti

Check with the uni. Unistats will give you some idea but make sure you research wider than it.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Check with the uni. Unistats will give you some idea but make sure you research wider than it.

But the unis only give soft answers. Is Unistats pretty accurate with their graduate employability stats?
Original post by Brahiti
But the unis only give soft answers. Is Unistats pretty accurate with their graduate employability stats?

Looks like they have reliable data sources so yes.
Reply 4
Don't use statistics as a barometer to predict how your experiences will be at university.
Reply 5
Original post by bobking
Don't use statistics as a barometer to predict how your experiences will be at university.

But what about when I'm talking about the graduate employability aspect of it? Are it's graduate employability stats reliable?
Reply 6
Original post by alleycat393
Looks like they have reliable data sources so yes.

Do you know if there's a more unbiased, reliable general source for seeing the graduate employability of multiple universities (in law)?
Reply 7
Original post by bobking

Do you know if there's a more unbiased, reliable general source for seeing the graduate employability of multiple universities (in law)?
Original post by Brahiti

Unistats as far as I can see uses stats from government and national organisations. I don’t think you can get more unbiased than that. But as someone has said earlier don’t just use stats. You will influence your own employability. Not some stats. And as I’ve said before use multiple sources. Do your own research. Good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by Brahiti

Read the Unistats methodology carefully. And check the sample sizes where necessary.

But yes overall it's a useful resource.

However it's stats. You are you, not a statistic. Just because, say, an average grad earns £x at ABC University doesn't mean you will.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending