WJEC Film Studies A Level Predictions 2018

Watch
SC270700
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Was just wondering if anybody has any predictions for the questions about female empowerment, spectator response or critical approaches?
jkljeril
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
What films you doing for sections a, b and c? Mine CityGod/Lahaine, PulpFiction/Pans labyrinth and fight club. How you revising for it? Why wasn't this thread started ages ago?
SC270700
Rep:
(Original post by jkljeril)
What films you doing for sections a, b and c? Mine CityGod/Lahaine, PulpFiction/Pans labyrinth and fight club. How you revising for it? Why wasn't this thread started ages ago?
Im doing Wadjda/Pans Labyrinth, Black Swan/Whiplash and Fight Club. I mainly revise by reading through past essays and reading other peoples essay, as well as past papers. Not many people do the qualifications so nobody bothers asking.
jkljeril
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
What's a good structure for a paragraph for the fight club essay? Should it be state ur critical approach, apply it to film and further develop?
kittyhawk
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
What's a good structure for a paragraph for the fight club essay? Should it be state ur critical approach, apply it to film and further develop?
is fight club section c? i'm doing solaris for section c, i think i'm going to do it that way as well what critical approach are you thinking of focusing on?
SC270700
Rep:
(Original post by kittyhawk)
is fight club section c? i'm doing solaris for section c, i think i'm going to do it that way as well what critical approach are you thinking of focusing on?
I would explain the approach, apply it to the film, give key scenes, quotes from critics if you can and continue to develop. I like applying Freud's theories but also Marxism and Nihilism are good to talk about. Im hoping it asks about multiple critical approaches cause i dont know enough about one to write a whole essay on.
jkljeril
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Don't you think SPECTATORSHIP is such an annoying topic? Why do i get scared from horror, because there's blood, I don't like seeing blood. I feel that your talking more about yourself then about films.
SC270700
Rep:
Don't you think SPECTATORSHIP is such an annoying topic? Why do i get scared from horror, because there's blood, I don't like seeing blood. I feel that your talking more about yourself then about films.
LITERALLY.Idk what films you did but personally I wish we had done films that were different to just shock. Theres only so many times you can say the audience may be shocked before it starts getting repetitive and boring.
sophieecrowther
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
How did you find the exam? i study City if God, Tsotsi and Monsoon Wedding for A Urban Stories, then Cinema Paradiso, Woman in Black and Schindler’s list for Emotional Repsonce B and Vertgio for single study C
jkljeril
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I really waffled alot in the exam and I might have gone off topic, but I wrote 3-4 pages for each question and I showed alot of knowledge of the film's I studied. Should get a B or A hopefully. I chose performance for city of god and talked about rockets rise from outsider to photographer in both timelines
sophieecrowther
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I really waffled alot in the exam and I might have gone off pic, but I wrote 3-4 pages for each question and I showed alot of knowledge of the film's I studied. Should get a B or A hopefully. I chose performance for city of god and talked about rockets rise from outsider to photographer in both timelines
Ahhhh that sounds good! I chose Law and Justice. Mine was waffle too and thought mine was awful half way through writing, so I spent to much time on the essay and wrote 7 pages as I was scared I was doing something wrong!! I talked about the corruption of the police, conflict of the drug use age and how justice was created from killing for people living in such poverty stricken areas in my 3 films. Hopefully I did ok 😰😰😰
kittyhawk
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
i waffled SO MUCH in section a... i did japanese cinema and i was so prepared to answer the question that they ask literally every year (is there evidence of a national cinema) and neither of the questions were that... i thought the other two went fine though so hopefully i did well aaa
xEmilyxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I did City of God and The Edukators for Sec A, Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile for Sec B and Movern Callar for Sec C.

My exam was a bit of waffle but I might just get a B on it though. Not that it bothers me. What did annoy me was that there has always been a context question on section A and you know what they do? Don't put a context question.
HalfEmptyBottle
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I did City Of God, La Haine For A
Bowling for Columbine and Biggie and Tupac for Documentary
Vertigo For Section C - Studying James Stewart's performance
SC270700
Rep:
(Original post by sophieecrowther)
How did you find the exam? i study City if God, Tsotsi and Monsoon Wedding for A Urban Stories, then Cinema Paradiso, Woman in Black and Schindler’s list for Emotional Repsonce B and Vertgio for single study C
I think i did well in section a as it was about feminism for female empowerment, which we do in sociology so was easy. Completely ****ed up emotional response, and did okay in critical approaches to Fight Club as i basically wrote about Marxism.
sophieecrowther
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
how did everyone do? i might get a remark as i got an A over all but got a C in one paper, not sure tho, was everyone harshly marked?
SC270700
Rep:
(Original post by sophieecrowther)
how did everyone do? i might get a remark as i got an A over all but got a C in one paper, not sure tho, was everyone harshly marked?
I got a B, in coursework and the exam. I dont think i was marked harshly as i thought i did terrible but ended up with 75%. Although, the did mark my coursework down by 2 marks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7.36%
October 2021 (112)
48.48%
November 2021 (23)
9.96%
December 2021 (31)
13.42%
January 2021 (20)
8.66%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.52%