The Student Room Group

M1 Alevel M1 EDEXCEL MATHS (2018 JUNE)!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rubyv
For 7a, did anyone else put that the string is taut? If it's taut then both particles would move together with the same acceleration, right?

I suppose, but I think that the wording of the question was strongly implying that the string is the reason as it was asking for a modelling assumption. It said that the string was/is taut and Idon't think they said it was 'modelled as' or 'assumed to be' so I guess 'taut' sadly doesn't count. It might do, I don't know.
Reply 21
Original post by francist11
I suppose, but I think that the wording of the question was strongly implying that the string is the reason as it was asking for a modelling assumption. It said that the string was/is taut and Idon't think they said it was 'modelled as' or 'assumed to be' so I guess 'taut' sadly doesn't count. It might do, I don't know.

Okay, thank you!
Yeah I did that. 0.2(v-10)=7 and that gives 45. Then i used 45^2 = U^2 + 2g(2.5) and got 44.4...? Or did I read the mass incorrectly or something?

I got exactly the same ?! What did we do wrong I don’t get it
Original post by Pcman
a. p=1/4u (3 marks)
b. q=5/4u (3 marks)
6.66N (10 marks)
a. TC=75g (735N)
b. m=600/7 leading to Td=2898N
a. u=24 (6 marks)
b. t from ground to B=0.105s (3sf) (from 2.5 to ground=0.102s, total=0.207s)
c. graph (3 marks)
a. NR of woman=708N
b. max people=6 (as 6.979 people gives 10kN)
a. resolving by multiplying F1+F2 by -1(i)=-2(j)
b. accelation √(122+62) = 13.42
c. bearing=243° (3 marks)
a. String is inextensible (1 mark)
b. 1.6mg-T=4ma T-mg=ma (5 marks)
c. a=0.12g (1.176) (5 marks)
d. distance achieved by Q after P hits the ground = 3h/25, + h moved already gives 28h/25 (5 marks)

This is the official unofficial mark scheme.
These are the proper answers.

PLS explain the equation of motion why no friction in the first one? q7b
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Angels1234
I got exactly the same ?! What did we do wrong I don’t get it

I don't know either! Maybe they did v-(-10) which would give v+10=35 and they got 25? That's probably it - a simple minus mistake, I'm guessing?
I don't know either! Maybe they did v-(-10) which would give v+10=35 and they got 25? That's probably it - a simple minus mistake, I'm guessing?

Would we get any marks 😭
Original post by Angels1234
Would we get any marks 😭

Method ones for sure, but obviously not the accuracy ones, though there's probably only 2 of those out of the 6 or 7 there were.
Method ones for sure, but obviously not the accuracy ones, though there's probably only 2 of those out of the 6 or 7 there were.

Imagine , this is my third time doing m1 and my first time doing fp2 and I still did better in fp2 . Rip me
Reply 28
Luckily i got 89 ums in m1 so im really happy.

Quick Reply

Latest