Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can't see a thread for this, so thought I'd make one since unit 3 is tomorrow

Any predictions for what's gonna come up?

ReputationRep:
    Went awful

ReputationRep:
    That was a wonderful paper imo. Free marks all over the place - the pressure addition question (lol), neurone drawings
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hcooper730)
    Went awful

ReputationRep:
    Hard but doable😄

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful . Answered everything logically. No guessing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathanwjec)
    Beautiful . Answered everything logically. No guessing
    Can you explain the Malaysian pods question? What did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baratheon99)
    Can you explain the Malaysian pods question? What did you get?
    Well they tell you that nutrients come from within. And that also ants and dead stuff is in the pod. So carbon is going to come as a respiratory product of the ants and the decomposers (decomposing the dead stuff) and go directly to the leaves, then talk about stomata etc

ReputationRep:
    Well they tell you that nutrients come from within. And that also ants and dead stuff is in the pod. So carbon is going to come as a respiratory product of the ants and the decomposers (decomposing the dead stuff) and go directly to the leaves, then talk about stomata etc
    I said the same except didn’t mention stomata. I wasn’t sure if they were also looking for mention of fixation of carbon so I just wrote some stuff about that as well to be safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphitenexus)
    I said the same except didn’t mention stomata. I wasn’t sure if they were also looking for mention of fixation of carbon so I just wrote some stuff about that as well to be safe
    I always write too much just to make sure I get the marks because it was quite a lot of marks for the carbon question

ReputationRep:
    I always write too much just to make sure I get the marks because it was quite a lot of marks for the carbon question
    This is the first exam ever I’ve used the continuation paper haha

ReputationRep:
    This is the first exam ever I’ve used the continuation paper haha
    Oh well I write like a blind mug so I needed 3 booklets for the c3 exam yesterday 😂😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    I found it very nice also! Agreed that it seemed quite logical and chill.
    Looks like the AQA counterpart was actually dreadful though, feeling glad to be Welsh at the moment lol
    As much as I’d like grade boundaries to be low I think they’re gonna be a little bit higher than last year. Probably not much though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaisuf)
    Looks like the AQA counterpart was actually dreadful though, feeling glad to be Welsh at the moment lol
    As much as I’d like grade boundaries to be low I think they’re gonna be a little bit higher than last year. Probably not much though
    Quite a few people at my school said they found it difficult, though some of them are the sorts to think they’ve failed and end up doing really well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaisuf)
    Look how many people have posted on their thread lol! I wish wjec had more representation on the student room, I feel like there’s always less than 10 people who post on our post-exam threads

ReputationRep:
    Look how many people have posted on their thread lol! I wish wjec had more representation on the student room, I feel like there’s always less than 10 people who post on our post-exam threads
    Yesterday’s C3 thread was surprisingly active

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday’s C3 thread was surprisingly active
    Mainly “someone please run me over with that train”

ReputationRep:
    Not awful but found it much harder than last year's paper we sat as a mock that I got an A on so... not really sure how to feel..? Like other people have said, there were some bizarre 1 mark giveaways but I also found some of the chunkier 3 and 4 mark questions a bit vague? Hard to tell what the mark scheme is going to look like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charl.elise)
    Not awful but found it much harder than last year's paper we sat as a mock that I got an A on so... not really sure how to feel..? Like other people have said, there were some bizarre 1 mark giveaways but I also found some of the chunkier 3 and 4 mark questions a bit vague? Hard to tell what the mark scheme is going to look like
    Yeah, I agree. I knew which general route to go down and understood the questions (hoepfully), but I wasn't sure what they wanted us to say to pick up the marks

ReputationRep:
    Main points for last q?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.