Turn on thread page Beta

How is everyone feeling about their upcoming A2 exams? watch

ReputationRep:
    I only have 5 written exams this summer, thank god!
    I'm starting Psychology revision already in the hope I can somehow pull off an A. I'm really worried about the A2 units so I'm sitting unit 1 for the third time, and hopefully I can get an A this time. In Geography I'm sat on a low A average so I still need to do well in the remaining two units to get an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    I'm not resitting any either, but I still have so many exams....!

Btw are you doing the German AEA? Have you done any specific prep for it, because I have no idea what to do (and my teacher has never heard of AEAs before now.... pfft)? Are there any other papers around apart from the specimen one? How are you going to prepare for the essay?

Ah, the stress.
    No preparation whatsoever have I done! (Same for French).
    I think you have to pay to get the past papers; though I saw some links on the TSR wiki (they weren't working when I tried, however).

MY SCHOOL HAD NEVER HEARD OF AEAS EITHER!!!

I'm just going to go in confident in my ability and do my best. It's not like my offers rely on Merit or Distinction, so like with French and English AEAs, I'm going to have some fun and hopefully be challenged!

Hopefully I'll find some past papers to have a go at, that said!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatleysteg)

MY SCHOOL HAD NEVER HEARD OF AEAS EITHER!!!
    Third that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i had 13 in jan, now got 12 in june (with 4 retakes). So kinda busy 3 months for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zsmall)
    Feeling awful. Need AAA for my firm.

I got CEE @ mocks.

I'm gonna fail. And I can't even motivate myself to revise so early because I've never ever revised from before 4 weeks ever.

what subjects u doing?

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely ****ting myself.
    I need AAA in bio, chem and phys.
    Or else my life dream will shatter and I will be showered in tiny pieces of my broken self.
    I would like to be kidding but I have nightmares of getting B's instead.
    *sob sob*

So yeah, doing the whole 'revising' thing early this year. Good luck to all. A levels are evil.

ReputationRep:
    lol yea.. im on 230 pts for Business.. need 480 for an A so need to get 250 in the A2's.. should happen.. i need it to since ive dropped a subject and need to get an A and a C atleast to get on my course.

Everyone will be fine im sure. If i can do it then everyone can!

ReputationRep:
    I've got 9 exams (no resits) - 4 Biology, 3 Chemistry and 2 Maths. I wish I was more worried about them because my first exam is 20th May which is actually really soon! But I just can't bring myself to start revision yet... I wish we got the chance to take more modules in January though because it would take the pressure off a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glowstix)
    I hate the thought of taking all A2 modules in the same exam period >.<
    I get really panicky and worried. But I plan to make this summer amazing to make up for it . :rolleyes:
    Same. I will lounge around like I never have before!

Anyway, thanks to this thread, I am panicking. I worked out my total UMS required to get an A for Chemistry, and if the grade boundaries are the same for AQA, I need 480/600 for an overall A. Unless I am calculating it wrong (assuming I get the bare minimum to get an A per module- 72/90 etc), I will need....5 As and I can get away with 1 B. Unless I get 100% or near enough it in some modules, then I might be able to get away with a B in Chains, Rings and Spec *curls up into a ball*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shrayans)
    edit: we don't even have our exam timetable yet! Damn stupid school !
    Find the dates? That site's probably as easy a way as any.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you need 480/600 in total from AS and A2.
    That's why the teachers keep banging on about working hard in AS and getting high UMS so you have less pressure now.
    I swear I have more pressure now than last year despite working hard anyway -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nero132)
    Hmm..

Im doing it all through home study and sat all my AS's in January.. Business Law and Economics.. I work full time too so was hard.. Ended up with a B in Business (A,B,C) for the 3 modules. Law i got an E because I got (B,C,E for the 3) so gunna retake module 3's for both business and law.. trust me to mess up the highest of the module papers! lol.. Ive now dropped economics coz i messed that up really bad!

I need 180 points for my course so if i can get the Business to an A with the retake which shouldnt be too hard.. then thats 60.. and im aiming for a high C with the law retake.. so thats 40 points.. Which would put me on track!

So this summer im doing 8 exams compared to doing 9 in january! lol.. a lot of work but 1 less exam can only help i spose.. Im looking forward to them all. Only worry I have is the fact that the exams are mixed together.. like ill have 2 business exams 1 day, then law the next, then the 3rd business the next day.. Just hope i can retain all the info i need!

Yeah im scared to fail but as long as i give it my best shot im sure ill be fine!

Come on guys reassure me!
    Kudos to you for working full time and home studying!! You'll do fine, just do the best you can do and that's all you can! =)

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll start revising after the easter holidays. Maybe prepare a few revision sessions within that time.

Who else thinks thats a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    Kinda chilled. I'm probably not gonna miss my offer ... (HOPEFULLY!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    Kudos to you for working full time and home studying!! You'll do fine, just do the best you can do and that's all you can! =)
    Thanks its cost me enough! I thought it would be cheaper since i dropped economics but its £195! You guys who are actually settling down in school to do it are lucky! Im only 20 by the way.. just didnt fancy uni until my gf went in september so thought id get some exams done I went through ICS and was about £600 for the 3 courses.. waste of time though because im learning my business course through a Revision guide and Law A2 from a textbook. ICS are rubbish..

Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end!

ReputationRep:
    Am so worried about them, I've started revising about two weeks ago but i can't help being nervous about the exams even though they are in June.

i feel like am not doing enough and if i don't put 110% efort into it i will fail.
    i just picture myself failing which helps me to work harder.

ReputationRep:
    I have a picture of a watch on my wall that I want to buy myself one day.. Its £36,710..

i look at it everytime i feel like i dont wanna study anymore or feel like playing computer games..

Doesnt really work but its a nice watch! :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm never usually nervous for exams but now Im just scared that even with all the work I've been doing, I'm not going to get the grades I need for the Uni I want to go to. Im taking 10 exams from May 15th till 13th June, 4 exams being resits.

ReputationRep:
    My Birthdays 18th June.. my 21st..

I have exams on 17th and 19th..

God doesnt like me this year.. Or AQA lol!

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified. I have to get AAA if I want to go to Imperial... and I'm not gonna get that. Cos I suck. (And don't ever revise.) :rolleyes: So I'll have nobody to blame but myself.

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.