How is everyone feeling about their upcoming A2 exams? Watch

Epitomessence
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by glowstix)
Yep, you need 480/600 in total from AS and A2.
That's why the teachers keep banging on about working hard in AS and getting high UMS so you have less pressure now.
I wish I'd listened to my teachers, I've got a mountain to climb this year.
Nero132
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wish i tried when i did it at school a cpla years back instead of working fulltime and teaching it all myself because now my wallets empty and my social life is a joke! lol..

Your all lucky!
glowstix
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Epitomessence)
I wish I'd listened to my teachers, I've got a mountain to climb this year.
I DID listen to mine. Yet I'm still stressed as ever. :confused:
karate_kat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm really stressed about them. And yeah, I wish I started revising earlier last year, instead of a bit of revision in the couple of weeks leading up, but only proper revision the day before :eek:
Only need to get Ds in maths, Cs in Biol and Physics and B in chem for A's in all, but I'm just getting so nervous, especially considering we have to know basically the whole syllabus!!! So I'm going to start in the Easter hols, write up all of the revision notes and start looking at past papers.
Anyone else doing AQA chem prac? I'm really dreading that! There are so may pracs they could ask us to do!!
Gaara.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Feeling good actually

Going to be working extremely hard this easter and since i have finished all my modules, its just me to work out how to use the time efficiently. I' trying to get 14 90+ this summer im so going to die aren't i but hey aim high
TheLoneRanger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Elite Warrior!!)
Feeling good actually

Going to be working extremely hard this easter and since i have finished all my modules, its just me to work out how to use the time efficiently. I' trying to get 14 90+ this summer im so going to die aren't i but hey aim high
Im doing exactly the same subjects as you, i feel quite confident in chem as its just memorization mostly, maths and further maths are doable- just very time consuming.
BUT PHYSICS!!!!!!Its really getting on my nerves, it requires such a lot of understand- but enjoyable nontheless :confused: :mad:
Gaara.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TheLoneRanger)
Im doing exactly the same subjects as you, i feel quite confident in chem as its just memorization mostly, maths and further maths are doable- just very time consuming.
BUT PHYSICS!!!!!!Its really getting on my nerves, it requires such a lot of understand- but enjoyable nontheless :confused: :mad:
Lol yer im exactly same as you, but maths and further maths im happy to think ill get my A in them

Chemistry is going to be doable after the constant revision and yes same with physics. Time consuming and getting on my nerves but i enjoy it. Hopefully get that B or may sneak in an A.

Nice choices hehe
Dissey
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TheLoneRanger)
physics.. synoptic.. scary!!!! :eek:
coolguy456
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
June 5th,6th,10th,11th,12th,16th. All in the afternoon Other than that I'm feeling ok. If my remark comes back in my favour then I would be even happier
funkysocks23
Report 10 years ago
man i have 9 or 10 exams this year. i hate biology soo much. al my exams are for A2 except i have taken up english lit this year so my first exams are in may 12 or 21st can't remember. last exam is chmeitry on the 19th june
can't wait i am definatley gonna celebrate.
don't even know when to start revisng but am starting soon hopefully after this chem investigation is finished.
TheLoneRanger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dissey)
physics.. synoptic.. scary!!!! :eek:
Hopefully hard-work will be enough
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Smiler_uk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not feeling too bad....
A bit stressed, but ok!
I would like AAA...which means I have to get Cs (60%) average in my Summer Exams...which takes the pressure off a little! I really want them!!
But I actually need BBB...which means I can get Us (30/20% average) in my summer exams to get into my firm choice! Yey!
Creative
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
physics synoptic is a nightmare... I need a low B this year to get an A.. so hopefully I want to gain as much as possible on unit 4 and 5, so I can drop 50% on synoptic and still get an A.. (if all goes to plan.. :p:).. if not then..... hmm let's not go there..
lixr
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Only 4 exams, still ****ting myself though.
History is the bane of my life.
Dissey
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Creative)
physics synoptic is a nightmare... I need a low B this year to get an A.. so hopefully I want to gain as much as possible on unit 4 and 5, so I can drop 50% on synoptic and still get an A.. (if all goes to plan.. :p:).. if not then..... hmm let's not go there..
Unit 4 is pretty easy, unit 5 can be tricky, depending on what paper they decide to give us. Ugh.. synoptic.

However, my physics teacher said that last year, people that got 50/80 in that paper were upgraded to an A, so just hope everyone else goes ****ty;p
Colourspinner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Happy that I won't have to touch Biology anymore after June, but sad that school will finish so soon. Also quite worried that I won't be able to get the required grades for uni...
Nero132
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im sure ull be fine.. clearing isnt that bad either!
TomTeeTom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i got 5 As in january and a couple full UMS's but i think june is ALOT harder especially because theres so much more to cover
A Stranger in Moscow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Scared, worried, terrified....

C2,C3,C4,S2, 2x Orals, 4 Spanish Exams, 4 Philosophy Exams (one synoptic) and...3 English Exams.

I
want
to
have
more
time
laureleana
Report 10 years ago
Has anyone started revising yet? I have absolutely no motivation at the minute, will hopefully start revision in 2 weeks time when i come back off holiday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.81%
Pro-humanity (168)
54.19%