Turn on thread page Beta

How is everyone feeling about their upcoming A2 exams? watch

ReputationRep:
    :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..Northern Soul)
    Lol people should relax more!! Lifes too short!!
    thats exactly why i don't want to ruin it, life it too short for me to mess up.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry x 4 : need to get 85+ UMS in each to secure an A : (
    Physics x 4 : need to get 82+ UMS in each to secure an A : (
    Maths x 3 : need to get 80+ UMS in each to secure an A ~_~"

impossible ?

ReputationRep:
    Ok let me try and reassure you worrying lot.. i did my A levels last year and TRUST me.. its not as horrific as other make it out to be. Yes you will have to work your ass off to get the good grades but anything worth doing is never gonna be easy right?
    Theres a whole lot of factors that came into play during my A2 exams and the revision for them..one of the most important is WEATHER.. yes it may sound weird but myself and others have found it very important..Around May/June time the weather will be a hell of a lot better, more sun, freah air etccc.. it affects peoples moods and detetmination..The better the weather, the better the person. Be sure to use the good weather to your advantage.. revise OUTSIDE in the sun instead of a stuffy room or library.. plus the fresh air will help your concentration.. it did mine anyway. Also be sure of the food you guys are eating during exam time, drink a lot of water and whatever you do, DO NOT EAT FROM THE CHIPPY.. the grease will make you sooo lethargic.
    Errrm what else, be sure to revise with others, bounce of eachothers ideas and methods of revision.. it makes it a lot more fun and you actually feel like you have learnt something.

I hope this helps, yes you may have to re do like 50 million papers, but its all in the way to go about preparing for them..Good Luck Ya'll!

ReputationRep:
    Got 8 exams in January, 1 AS resit.

I need around 57/90 in economics units 5 & 6 for an A, and 52/120 in psychology unit 5for the A.

Although I haven't started revising for these modules at ALL yet, I will start soon, and i'm fairly confident about those.

Biology on the other hand is heading towards a C grade. I'm gonna need to push up all my modular grades for June.

Hopefully, even if I do miss out by a grade, the university will accept me. AAC should be enough. *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex L)
    I'm chilled out about them now. I've just worked out that I need around 50% in each of my remaining modules to study medicine

where u studying medicine. have u got offers already?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, exams are easy. What I am finding hard is coursework. I'm finding it hard psychologically, insofar as I haven't started it yet and am too lazy to...

ReputationRep:
    Nah, exams are easy. What I am finding hard is coursework. I'm finding it hard psychologically, insofar as I haven't started it yet and am too lazy to...
    me too. i find coursework more psychologically destroying than exams. me and my idleness stuck together in a room until panic takes over.

when are your deadlines for your coursework? i've been told in no uncertain terms that the end of this week is it for everything.

ReputationRep:
    I'm extremely nervous about the whole thing. First things first, my Computing coursework is due tomorrow, and I don't think I've done a good enough job to get enough marks on that to guarantee me an A in Computing, which will upset the A I got at AS (The only A I got, nevermind that).

I'm pretty confident about my resits for Economics AS though, since I've been revising it lots, because I'm pretty sure I'd be lucky to scrape by with a B or C on the A2 component. But hopefully it'll bring me to an average of A/B.

As for Mathematics, I dare pray taht I just do well enough on my Pure Maths paper, and ace my Statistics paper (which I don't think I'll have a problem with). I'm looking at getting a B or a C, but that's still high hoping, considering my resit grade for AS Mathematics was a C. But I can hope.

I'm super super nervous about the whole thing though, blah.

ReputationRep:
    Im just going by the method that I didnt try very hard for my AS's and did quite well.. so if i try a bit harder for the A2s ill do better still!

ReputationRep:
    Just realised that I only have 8 exams.

3 Philosophy
    2 Biology
    2 Chemistry
    2 Economics

Thank God I don't have any re-sits.

I am going to do 3 weeks of solid revision, 7 hours a day.

I WILL get AAAA for these exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkysocks23)
    where u studying medicine. have u got offers already?
    So far I've got a PMS offer, with a couple more I've yet to hear from. Its only ABB, but I know I can get AAA so I'm aiming for that anyway

ReputationRep:
    i have absolutely no motivation at all. the way im going im gonna fail. if anyone has any tips on motivation please help me! lol x

ReputationRep:
    As I have done unexpectedly terriffic in January exams (getting 2x 100% ), I worked out the max i need in each of my exams is a C grade to get my Uni offer (AAB) so i feel like i can't be arsed to revise!

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 sociology exams, need 83/210 UMS from both to meet my offer. B
    I have 2 business exams need 107/210 UMS from both to meet my offer. B
    And 1 communication studies exam, i think after my coursework is marked ill have a B grade already and my offer is a C grade so im not worried.

Im pretty confident about sociology Crime and deviance, but not theory and methods.
    Business i hate so im crapping both the exams but i was for unit 4 and i got an A somehow!

But because i got AAA in my Jan exams i have alot of pressure now from family, friends and myself to get AAA which could happen.
    Also my uni gives a reward for AAA of £1000.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so this thread has officially freaked me out. I am so scared now. Its just hit me that this is my last chance to get things right if I want to go to uni this year...AAAAAAHHHHHHH. Ok, buckle down and get some work done. Its just biology is just soooooooo overwhelming-the synoptic paper is just like BLAH BLAH BLAH and theres MASSES to learn-i mean it. The whole of AS, plus the module we did in January needs to be in our head, and if thats not enough we need to understand the utterly complex manner in which they ask the question.
    Rant over. I need to work hard from NOW...

(help)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shenzys)
    Ok, so this thread has officially freaked me out. I am so scared now. Its just hit me that this is my last chance to get things right if I want to go to uni this year...AAAAAAHHHHHHH. Ok, buckle down and get some work done. Its just biology is just soooooooo overwhelming-the synoptic paper is just like BLAH BLAH BLAH and theres MASSES to learn-i mean it. The whole of AS, plus the module we did in January needs to be in our head, and if thats not enough we need to understand the utterly complex manner in which they ask the question.
    Rant over. I need to work hard from NOW...

(help)
    You're talking about AQA A Bio right?

ReputationRep:
    nope OCR Biology...(shivers)

ReputationRep:
    5 units of chem
    4 units of physics
    3 units of mathematics
    this june is going to be tough for me

ReputationRep:
    I've got:
    - 2 resits (both chem)
    - 3 units of chem (2 papers + 1 prac)
    - 3 units physics (1 paper + 2 prac)
    - 2 units biol (2 papers)
    - 2 units maths (2 papers)
    What fun!!!

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.