The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Well, about China?
Chinese people, they are nice, but sometimes, i think they consider themselves as a superior race and discriminate other people in a way.
China, overall is terrible. How many people actually in this forum know about the current situation between China and Vietnam and with the fact the China intend to rule Vietnam. Vietnam, therefore, will face a similar fate like Tibet.
For such a strong economy there are too many very poor people.
Butterflies and Hurricanes
**** off, they see a foreigner coming from a mile away and see dollar signs light up in their eyes and friendly? as if.

Haha. OP, the chinese have no chance of being friends as long as there are people like this. Be wary - you may try to be open and friendly, but we (the west) are certainly not towards you.
ninaabbey
actually, we were on about the country as a whole. not each indevidual

That's nice. Meanwhile, another 50 chinese people were killed or injured because they were doing better in life than a native. But screw them, the chinese don't deserve our compassion, right? Let's kiss with the Tibetans and Indians instead.
boyvn91
Well, about China?
Chinese people, they are nice, but sometimes, i think they consider themselves as a superior race and discriminate other people in a way.

Why, because you don't 'understand them'?

Because they prefer to stay in their own groups - you know, someone who they can talk to?

Because they do things differently?

Because they don't look or smile at you?

Or because you have an inferiority complex?
Reply 45
http://www.faluninfo.net/torturemethods2/

DON'T look if you are particularly sensitive.

I found this an er well wasn't too impressed from then on. Correct me on this if you will...
Reply 46
zmjafflatus
For chinese.money is important ,but not so impor than friendship and happieness.you are very wrong,i think.you are a money animal .and i hope you to be happy dont live just with money and respect you and others..

Haha I had to read this a few times to workout what it was you were saying! No offence, at least you're trying. (Then I can't write/speak Chinese) :smile:

I love China. It looks magnificent, the people seem nice the houses look great. Love the food (minus the dogs, cats, rats :frown: ) Going there next year with my Chinese mate. :smile:
Wow, the western press has really turned most people against China. It's both interesting and very very sad.

I don't pretend to know much about politics but at least the government is increasing it's GDP (faster than any country in history) and has lifted millions out of poverty. Its poor-wealth gap is widening but to be fair, that's expected. And the US is hardly any better in that sense.

Communism (can it still be counted as communist?!) and the lack of human rights are two things I really despise but every country has its faults. China and Tibet - frankly, I've no idea what's happened with that other than a broad overview, but again, all countries seek to make themselves more powerful. Colonization over the past centuries by Europe, US invading Iraq, all politicians have the best interest of their own country at heart.

And no, not all chinese people eat dogs :rolleyes:
Reply 48
-> chinese zoos throwing goats & chickens (chosen by families w/ toddlers!) to tame lions which have no idea what to do with them, as entertainment.
-> breeding tigers, killing and freezing them to be eaten in the ZOO's restaurant.
-> Recent rounding up of cats in Bejing & putting them into so called 'cat death camps' (for a tidy city for the olympics of course) from households.
-> the One Child Policy & resulting genocide of baby girls
-> conditions in orphanages & mental hospitals
-> terrible human rights record

thats off the top of my head the issues regarding china that lead me to not have the most rosy view of it. It strikes me as a terrible dictatorship there and not a very nice place at all.

on the other hand, theres some very interesting & beautiful culture there and i have friends from china and hong kong who are lovely people and not as completely off their trolleys as many news stories and things happening in china may have you believe.

But no, essentially i dont think of it as a very nice place at all.
Reply 49
How? With my brain
Reply 50
Having lived in a highly developed country all my life, going to China was not pleasant experience for me. The people are very friendly there (although having my photo continuously taken without consent wasn't nice) but it's not somewhere I would like to live.

In terms of their history...yes, it's pretty bad, but they're improving massively as far as I know.
Reply 51
x.Fluffy.x
I dislike China. I dislike the red imperialism and the supression of free speech. I dislike the number of coal power stations being built every month. I dislike the occupation of Tibet.

I dislike the way in which the chinese conduct business. I dislike the fact that chinese businessmen are the smarmiest and most untrustworthy I have ever come across.

I dislike the way in which human rights are disregarded. I dislike the way in which chinese fur farms operate. Judging from the chinese supermarket down the road from me, I dislike the food that the chinese cook.

tell me something good about the USA.
Reply 52
Chen2008
tell me something good about the USA.

Freedom of speech

It's a land of opportunity where anybody can have a shot at doing anything. Even if there isn't much chance of success, the opportunities are there.

The free market.

The fact we have democracy.

Look at the numbers of people who are trying to emigrate to the states compared to the numbers trying to emigrate to China.
Reply 53
Chen2008
Tell me something good about the USA.

Guantanamo Bay....?

Yanks sure love to ridicule the rest of the world.
Reply 54
Casserole
Haha. OP, the chinese have no chance of being friends as long as there are people like this. Be wary - you may try to be open and friendly, but we (the west) are certainly not towards you.

no, don't include the enitre west in your racist rampage
Reply 55
x.Fluffy.x
Freedom of speech

It's a land of opportunity where anybody can have a shot at doing anything. Even if there isn't much chance of success, the opportunities are there.

The free market.

Look at the numbers of people who are trying to emigrate to the states compared to the numbers trying to emigrate to China.

democracy into middle east....haha....

just have look this
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=x9QNKB34cJo
Reply 56
x.Fluffy.x
Freedom of speech

The free market.

supposidly
Reply 57
starry skies
You can definitely eat dog in China too. But then again the French eat horse, and Brits eating cows must be repellent to Hindus, so it's all a matter of culture really, isn't it.

Almost everyone eats horse. Except the americanized cultures, namely USA and UK.

falls_whisper
Wow, the western press has really turned most people against China. It's both interesting and very very sad.

[...]

Communism [...] I really despise

Wow, the western press has really turned most people against communism.

For some strange reason people see communism as some sort of evil thing, a bit like nazism. Nobody considers that it's never, in history, been carried out in practice. (It would probably not work in practice). However, I really don't understand how one can despise the idea of achieving equality.
kick ass karate :wink:

and baby girls on the pavement :frown: ... i think that was in china. i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

oh and crazy overpopulation :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending