How do you think of China. Watch

This discussion is closed.
ukebert
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by CHAMON)
A little yes. That's like saying all black people look the same, or all Scotts do!
Yeah I thought that. Obviously I don't think that all scots or blacks look the same, but I do think (perhaps down to my inexperience) that superficially there is a greater trait of similarity among the Chinese than in Europe and among the African population.
thinking causes strain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I get your point. But it's very unfair to just pick on China. Many countries wordwide have problems. Yes, even the USA, with cops and racism. Recall Rodney King?

Yes the HR record isn't great. But then we can look at the English HR record too. And open a whole can of worms. Dalai Lama is a politican. He's using the media as the attention is on China during the Olympics. It's a CIA backed conspiracy!
Why can't you understand that I wasn't targetting China or in any way trying to say that it was a crappy country. Those three things were the first things I thought of and even then karate isn't even Chinese, apparently. It's a shame that two of the three things I thought of were negative but to be fair, I personally can't recall anything good that I've heard. That doesn't mean China has done no good but just that it's not been brought to my attention. Enlighten me if you feel the need.
thinking causes strain
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Casserole)
Why ever not? May as well join the crowd, you can watch me get slaughtered when the white brits start their "chinese out of Britain" campaign.

PS. You could probably sell my ample testicles in China for a good price.
?

Is this another conspiracy? Things like this sadden me. If it's the BNP you're talking about then it's not just the Chinese they're targetting but to be honest I don't think it would really work.
thinking causes strain
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Chen2008)
and i'm feel shame of her, our people will never give up to do the right thing, just like before we protect our homeland from the ****ing western
Not everyone feels the same way, that's life.

I'm sooo sorry to the girl I referred to as "he" throughout the whole of my post :rolleyes:
Jhawkins
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it's an exciting place. Not that I've been. But I really would love to. And yes, I'm aware of some of the trouble occuring at the moment.
Casserole
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ukebert)
Yeah I thought that. Obviously I don't think that all scots or blacks look the same, but I do think (perhaps down to my inexperience) that superficially there is a greater trait of similarity among the Chinese than in Europe and among the African population.
And how did you come to that conclusion? No no wait...let me guess.... EYES?

It's a little known fact, but the chinese population have been inbreeding for millenia. Limited gene pools means we've had to resort to recycling our own by shagging our cousins (twice removed); or if there's no suitor, our own brother.

It's a tough world, but someone's got to keep that 1.3 billion number up.

By the way, 75% (probably more) of the world population has black hair.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A little yes. That's like saying all black people look the same, or all Scotts do!
I think it's a fairly decent observation that, in terms of variance in appearance, white people are more varied than black or oriental people. It's more or less objective fact in terms of hair colour, eye colour, skin pigmentation etc.
Tianbao
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by graveyarddreams)
So what do you expect me to say? Lie about how much i love my country? The op asked what i think of China and I listed a couple of things that first came to my head. As for my last comment, i was trying to bring to attention the difference between China as a country and the views of its people.
I don't think i have to silence myself from saying what i truly think of a country just because i happened to be born there. And what i think is that what a lot of people are saying here is true. I think it's important to point out the negative aspects instead of pretending that they don't exist, especially when it comes to issues such as human rights and freedom of speech. If i was trying to disconnect myself from being chinese, i wouldn't be so inclined to voice an opinion and then state that i'm chinese. And i do hope 'our people' will never give up doing the right thing, as i have seen some pretty ****ty lives, some of family and friends. And comments like 'i guess you are very happy in the UK... etc' is not sensible because people can't help where they grew up, and they shouldn't be made to see their homes as some sort of refuge. I understand it must be easy to live in an asian country and to label a nation as 'westerners' and 'white people' but if people here (and a few people do) seclude themsleves from us and see our views as mere 'eastern influences', then lives would suck for those caught between.

did i say that you have to say you love your country...??....

sure u can say you hate living in China and happy in here, same to me, happy in China, the UK? it's good, but for living?....no thanks...
graveyarddreams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Chen2008)
did i say that you have to say you love your country...??....

sure u can say you hate living in China and happy in here, same to me, happy in China, the UK? it's good, but for living?....no thanks...
No you didn't. But you responded very rudely to my posts when all i did was give my genuine impression of the country. I wish i didn't have bad experiences, and that i could swap bad memories for good ones but i can't help that. So it kinda seems like you would jump on anyone who criticises China, and you gave the impression that for a chinese to do so is somehow betraying their country, when in fact, everything country has their down sides and pointing them out and being about awareness is imo, a good thing.
I don't see what your views on living in the UK has anything to do with this thread but it's great that you have somewhere you're happy in. I know a lot of chinese relatives who would never want to live in the UK. I think that's just all down to what you're used to rather than the country itself.
flugestuge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zmjafflatus)
i want to know the impression the china on you,thank u.
China executes 15,000 minor criminals each year. :eek: :mad:
China sends poison labelled as food to the west. :eek: :mad: :mad:

The US and the UK should declare war on China instead of wasting time on Iraq.::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: S :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
flugestuge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Casserole)
It's a little known fact, but the chinese population have been inbreeding for millenia. Limited gene pools means we've had to resort to recycling our own by shagging our cousins (twice removed); or if there's no suitor, our own brother.
Is that a fact ? :eek: :eek: :eek:
That explains why all Chinese look alike.

And all these years, I thought that it was just my Western conditioning and prejudices. Thank you for telling me that there is a scientific reason for the ubiquitous self-similarity among the Han. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
zmjafflatus
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by flugestuge)

And all these years, I thought that it was just my Western conditioning and prejudices. Thank you for telling me that there is a scientific reason for the ubiquitous self-similarity among the Han. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

**** off.you are so silly to believe that .in china.that dont happen...
zmjafflatus
Report Thread starter 10 years ago

The US and the UK should declare war on China instead of wasting time on Iraq.::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: S :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

you are just like a stupid guy.so stupid ..i dont know how to say to you.too silly you are...
CHAMON
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wish you'd eat some...

UK has no reason to go to 'war' with China. By all means you declare it, and over a billion people will whup your mo'fo redneck arse!
Sidhe
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Just :rolleyes: reminds me of the cold war mentality. Better dead than red.
Casserole
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

And thank YOU for fulfilling the stereotype - and gullibility - of the ignorant yank.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads