The Student Room Group

Confused regarding DBS check

I left my job last December due to complications and was made redundant by the company. I was given a tax code and the p40 however I have not been given a DBS certificate which I am confused about. I was contacted by a recruitment company regarding a administrative position in a children's hospital however the employer is asking for an enhanced DBS certificate from me. I don't know how to get one as I have never had one. From what I understand from checking online is that a DBS check should be carried out by the employer and not the candidate.
Original post by Student2987
I left my job last December due to complications and was made redundant by the company. I was given a tax code and the p40 however I have not been given a DBS certificate which I am confused about. I was contacted by a recruitment company regarding a administrative position in a children's hospital however the employer is asking for an enhanced DBS certificate from me. I don't know how to get one as I have never had one. From what I understand from checking online is that a DBS check should be carried out by the employer and not the candidate.

Here is the process. Nothing to do with last employer. You will have to get a fresh one.
I'm assuming you dont have a record? If not it is straightforward.
https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/legal-rights/working-with-children-and-vulnerable-adults/what-is-the-process/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending