Sixth-form fundraising ideas?

Watch this thread
Jonee
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm trying to get a fundraiser going at my secondary school/sixth-form, but I don't know what activity to do!

We always have cake sales, and the ones I've been involved with before barely made enough money to cover the set up cost. However, recently a group of students sold candy floss and raised quite a substantial amount.

Is the bake sale going stale? (pardon the pun).

Food-based fund raisers always seem to come out on top, so I'm planning something in that area. (I asked about non-school uniform days, but that was a "no-can-do").

So far I'm between making a smoothie stall or selling popcorn.

So really the question is, which would you rather buy or does anyone have better suggestions?

I need all the help I can get!!
MattHobbs2015
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
What are you raising money for?
Jonee
Rep:
(Original post by MattHobbs2015)
What are you raising money for?
I'm planning to raise money for a local wildlife rescue centre
MattHobbs2015
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Bake sales are always good in my experience. If your sixth form is attached to a lower school then it might be worth selling to them too. Running a bake off style competition can help to improve participation. Make sure all events are well advertised in advance, with posters, announcements etc, and possibly a letter to parents and students
MattHobbs2015
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Also in my experience bake sales are cheap to run. Yes you need cakes but ask for donations of cakes, and you can get packs of 6 cup cakes cheaply in tesco etc, these can be sold for around a pound and easily make money
spilky99
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I would recommend hosting a bbq, we did this at our sixth form and we contacted local businesses to see if they would be willing to donate supplies so that set up costs weren't too expensive
Jonee
Rep:
(Original post by spilky99)
I would recommend hosting a bbq, we did this at our sixth form and we contacted local businesses to see if they would be willing to donate supplies so that set up costs weren't too expensive
That is a wonderful idea, unfortunately I'm vegan so I have some moral conflicts with it. But I will consider contacting local businesses, I'm sure that will be very helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (89)
42.58%
They're exactly what I expected (48)
22.97%