Turn on thread page Beta

Photocopy then Remarks? watch

ReputationRep:
    I did my business AS unit 1 in january. Is it possible to get a photocopy then go over it with my teacher and then if i wanted, to get a remark?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes...you have to pay for it though. I think it's about £10.
    Then, if you decide to go for a remark and the mark goes up,you get the money back for the remark but not for the photocopy.
    But beware, the mark can go down and that will stay so you better be sure before you go for the remark. You got 75; you could go down to 71, then you would have a B. I'd stick with the A if I were you and just concentrate on your other modules.

You can indeed apply for a remark after getting a photocopy back. You haven't got a great deal to lose, because if you get it back and after going through it with your teacher still feel that you should have got a higher mark, then you can still send off for a remark. If you get it back and realise you've made a consistent error, or one major error in a specific area, then you can discuss with your teacher how to avoid making the same mistake again.

It is true that there is a chance of your mark going down, but even if you go from 75 to 71, then you've only lost 5 UMS marks; the grade you drop is fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Do make sure that there is a high chance of a remark positively affecting your grade before you send off for one though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)
    You can indeed apply for a remark after getting a photocopy back. You haven't got a great deal to lose, because if you get it back and after going through it with your teacher still feel that you should have got a higher mark, then you can still send off for a remark. If you get it back and realise you've made a consistent error, or one major error in a specific area, then you can discuss with your teacher how to avoid making the same mistake again.

It is true that there is a chance of your mark going down, but even if you go from 75 to 71, then you've only lost 5 UMS marks; the grade you drop is fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Do make sure that there is a high chance of a remark positively affecting your grade before you send off for one though.
    I was thinking, because the OP was being so picky about the grade...Its not a bad A...then they might be thinking of applying to a good uni so having AAA in all modules will look good on the form or on the personal statement. Just a thought...

(Original post by matt54)
    I was thinking, because the OP was being so picky about the grade...Its not a bad A...then they might be thinking of applying to a good uni so having AAA in all modules will look good on the form or on the personal statement. Just a thought...
    Ooh that's a good point, it does depend on the university and an A would look slightly better. Although if the OP applies to somewhere like Cambridge, then they'll have to write down exact UMS marks on the CAF too, so they'll know if it's a low A or a high B etc. I didn't consider that though, you're right!

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply for dentistry. But my GCSEs were poor so i'm trying to get the best grades possible for ALevel.

ReputationRep:
    When is the deadline for Remarks?

It's best to ask your sixth form/college, because you have to apply for a remark through them (you can't do it independently afaik) and different institutions often have very different internal deadlines. For example, the general deadline at my school for resits/remarks/returned papers was last Friday. However, if you're getting a photocopy back with the intention of maybe having the paper remarked, you only had to apply for your paper back by Friday despite it being the deadline; they'll still be an opportunity to apply for a remark once you get the photocopy back.

ReputationRep:
    Photocopies can take a long time to come back, so bear in mind that depending how quickly you get yours back, you might miss the remark deadline. Our college recommended we applied for remarks straight away, just in case this happened.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get remark results back!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by putonatutu)
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get remark results back!!!
    yeh i was wandering about that as well??? anyone??

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.