The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

theunknown
i am failing miserably maths, i cant even pass c1 with 100%, c2 is confusing and hard and i dont even want to start with s1. Can anyone give me any advice on how to pass maths... i also would love to drop maths but because of the fierce competition im thinkin of continuing into A2

:confused:

one more thing...how do i pass edexcel chem unit1 with 100% and unit 3....unit 2 i dont understand the organic stuff? plzzzz help

you annoy me like nothing you could imagine.
Reply 2
solo2wolf
you annoy me like nothing you could imagine.

whats that suppose to mean..i just need some advice
Reply 3
theunknown
i am failing miserably maths, i cant even pass c1 with 100%, c2 is confusing and hard and i dont even want to start with s1. Can anyone give me any advice on how to pass maths... i also would love to drop maths but because of the fierce competition im thinkin of continuing into A2

one more thing...how do i pass edexcel chem unit1 with 100% and unit 3....unit 2 i dont understand the organic stuff? plzzzz help

Do this until you're intelligent.
Reply 4
theunknown
whats that suppose to mean..i just need some advice

On what?...Getting 100% in your Maths and Chemistry modules?
Getting 99% is not the end of the world you know.
theunknown

Stop being stuck up. 100% is not the main thing.

I'm going to get 3A's at A level this year (maths, further maths and physics) and I only have 100% in one module...

You do not need 100%'s and if you think you do, it's your own problem that you're 'failing'.
"i cant even pass c1 with 100%"...whats that supposed to mean?you mean you cant get 100% in c1?
"how do i pass edexcel chem unit1 with 100% and unit 3....unit 2 i dont understand the organic stuff". WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!are you soo retarded that you dont understand how stupid a question that is?there are two answers to that question, one is to systematically go through the entire As sylabus with you (painfully slowly id imagine) and the other option is to tell you straight. ****ING STUDY!what a MORONIC question. "how do i get 100% in an exam?". what are you expecting here a ****ing spell? grrr it just annoys me how ridiculousl lazy and thus stupid that you are. your post totally deserves this response.
Reply 7
Your expectations seem to be....mildly insane. Very few people get 100% and you seem to think it's some kind of personal fault that you "cant even manage 100%"

That and you post has erratic punctuation and capitilisation.

Core 1 for maths IS very hard, mostly because of the shock factor of "omg calculus!" Core2 is slightly easier once you've settled into differentiation and integration.

As for chemistry, i'm doing OCR so it won't be exactly the same. Ideally, you need to get an understanding of the organic mechanisms, rote learning only gets you so far. It will however, just about get you through the first organic module, but at A2 there's too many reactions to just memorise.
Reply 8
theunknown

Lol.
i wish i had a gun handy....
Reply 10
I wonder what the likelihood is of the O.P.'s having typically 'pushy' parents.
Reply 11
i like maths...
Weezy F
Lol.

dude could you send me the code for the imperial logo?i havnt got that html highlighting tool.
Reply 13
bruceleej
On what?...Getting 100% in your Maths and Chemistry modules?
Getting 99% is not the end of the world you know.

sorry let me rephrase the question..how do i pass maths with at least B...its because my stupid maths teachers are telling us how easy it is to get 100% in C1 and i think its ridiculous..i just want a B this year for maths
ive been going throught the content and going through past papers to see the mistakes i tend to make and then learn from them..do you think thats enough to do well in maths...:eek:
Wow..
Reply 15
theunknown
sorry let me rephrase the question..how do i pass maths with at least B...its because my stupid maths teachers are telling us how easy it is to get 100% in C1 and i think its ridiculous..i just want a B this year for maths
ive been going throught the content and going through past papers to see the mistakes i tend to make and then learn from them..do you think thats enough to do well in maths...:eek:

Yea, but first you need to cover everything in the syllabus and make sure you understand it. Then you could start going through past papers. Good Luck.
theunknown
its because my stupid maths teachers are telling us how easy it is to get 100% in C1

then your teachers need to be shot!

Its not easy to get 100% in c1, its just the easiest out of the modules to get 100% in.
Haha you're so stupid you can't even get 100%!
Just settle with a joe average 99%
:rolleyes:
theunknown

:rolleyes:

For once I agree with solo2wolf.
Reply 19
My teachers were always like this aswell. I think its their way of encouraging you. They always joked how you should be getting 100% in all the early modules, and how it should be easy for you to get an A at Further Maths. It just shows they believe in you (and it was this belief and encouragement from one of my maths teachers, that I believe got me where I am today).

As far as I remember, I didn't get 100% on any of my papers (for any subject), and I still managed to get 2 A's... sooo... I was more consistent I guess, many people get lower marks on the later papers, whereas I got pretty high in them all. Better to get an A by getting high marks in FP2/3 & M3/4 than getting 100%'s in C1/2 M1/2 but only D's in FP2 etc... My Further maths grade was actually higher than my normal maths grade o_O

Latest