?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How did everyone find it? Put down any answers you can remember below
tashkent46
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I found the section on dancing to Greek piano sheet music while pretending to be a slave in the Southern United States particularly interesting.
Brandon N
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
there were some nice ones but some horrible ones also. Atleast african drumming and indian classical never appeared. greek was the best of the three from that section, the 9 mark bhangra question was quite nice, Im glad it turned out to be that and the piece was nice. The two pieces of film music were a disappointment. I put Elton John for the very first question on the solo pop artist. Was I wrong? I think so lol. My mind went blank. I suck at pop. I normally love Rock anthems but the ones they picked were more obscure and boring. Closer to rock n roll with electric guitars
xtemi_x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1. a) Bruno Mars
That's all I remember 😂
syrasa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Brandon N)
there were some nice ones but some horrible ones also. Atleast african drumming and indian classical never appeared. greek was the best of the three from that section, the 9 mark bhangra question was quite nice, Im glad it turned out to be that and the piece was nice. The two pieces of film music were a disappointment. I put Elton John for the very first question on the solo pop artist. Was I wrong? I think so lol. My mind went blank. I suck at pop. I normally love Rock anthems but the ones they picked were more obscure and boring. Closer to rock n roll with electric guitars
Yeah the Bhangra question was great. I think Elton is more 90s, Bruno Mars would’ve been the best answer but I think something like Justin Bieber would’ve been okay too. What did you put for the Greek instrument playing the melody?
Brandon N
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by syrasa)
Yeah the Bhangra question was great. I think Elton is more 90s, Bruno Mars would’ve been the best answer but I think something like Justin Bieber would’ve been okay too. What did you put for the Greek instrument playing the melody?
It said solo artist from 90s to present. im not sure if he is a solo artist though. im just hoping so. I went blank tbh.

I put the Oud for the greek instrument but im likely wrong. It was the only thing i could think of from that category.
jxmes141
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As for filling in the score on question four, it started on G with a tie to another G for the first quaver, then descending in step until the last note which rose by one. Important to remember that the C’s were C# and the B’s were B naturals.
Annotating the score on question seven, the tempo was moderato. The time signature was 4/4. The first brass instrument was the horn. The next brass instrument was the trumpet. The next woodwind instrument was a piccolo. The dynamic was mp. The ritenuto appeared in bar sixteen. I think that was everything on the scores. Good luck everyone.
Brandon N
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jxmes141)
As for filling in the score on question four, it started on G with a tie to another G for the first quaver, then descending in step until the last note which rose by one. Important to remember that the C’s were C# and the B’s were B naturals.
Annotating the score on question seven, the tempo was moderato. The time signature was 4/4. The first brass instrument was the horn. The next brass instrument was the trumpet. The next woodwind instrument was a piccolo. The dynamic was mp. The ritenuto appeared in bar sixteen. I think that was everything on the scores. Good luck everyone.
Well Im in trouble then. I put no # or b on the notes, and only added the stems on the notes. And im not sure where I placed the notes but i likely failed that bit.
For some reason my mind went blank on the dynamics and im pretty sure the tempo was slower than moderato. But what ever. I just said quiet for the dynamic and ive never heard of ritenuto. But i put bar 10 lol. The first instrument i put Trombone. not sure if i could still get a mark for that. It just sounded like a low brass instrument. I got the trumpet right though. I put a flute for the woodwind.
jxmes141
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Brandon N)
Well Im in trouble then. I put no # or b on the notes, and only added the stems on the notes. And im not sure where I placed the notes but i likely failed that bit.
For some reason my mind went blank on the dynamics and im pretty sure the tempo was slower than moderato. But what ever. I just said quiet for the dynamic and ive never heard of ritenuto. But i put bar 10 lol. The first instrument i put Trombone. not sure if i could still get a mark for that. It just sounded like a low brass instrument. I got the trumpet right though. I put a flute for the woodwind.
trombone and flute could be okay. i reckon the tempo was moderato because actually clapping the pulse wasn’t too slow, just the fact that it was mostly crotchets and minims counted towards its slowness
mathsscience1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What grade do you think 50/80, 55/80 and 60/80 would be?
jxmes141
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mathsscience1)
What grade do you think 50/80, 55/80 and 60/80 would be?
so that’s 65-70%, it could be a 6-7
don’t forget the coursework as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (95)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (285)
15.07%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (200)
10.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (265)
14.01%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (83)
4.39%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (109)
5.76%
Loneliness (164)
8.67%
Financial worries (68)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (83)
4.39%
Exposure to negative news/social media (90)
4.76%
Lack of real life entertainment (105)
5.55%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (166)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (178)
9.41%

Watched Threads