The Student Room Group

Vegans on abortion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamesgillian123
it does save their life... not eating meat decreases the demand for meat resulting in less deaths because less people are eating it.

No, they still kill the animals. But keep telling yourself that.
Original post by BlairPeach
No, they still kill the animals. But keep telling yourself that.

and why do they kill the animals? im assuming youre talking about other situations, which is completely irrelevant since we were both talking about eating animals, so whats your reasoning
Original post by ΜΗΔΕΝΑΓΑΝ
Come again? Do you have a point to make? I'd like a debate.

Yeah, okay. Do all your moral decisions base themselves on the idea that the outcome is more valuable than the inherent morality of the preceeding action(s)?
and why do they kill the animals? im assuming youre talking about other situations, which is completely irrelevant since we were both talking about eating animals, so whats your reasoning

For food? The vast vast majority of humans eat meat and the population is growing. No animal is safe. The sooner you realise that the better. Embrace it.
For food? The vast vast majority of humans eat meat and the population is growing. No animal is safe. The sooner you realise that the better. Embrace it.

what the hell are you on about, vegans dont eat meat and dont kill animals for food, youre making no sense and youre assuming im talking about all humans, clearly from my first post we are talking about vegnas. so i again i ask you how vegans kill animals for food
what the hell are you on about, vegans dont eat meat and dont kill animals for food, youre making no sense and youre assuming im talking about all humans, clearly from my first post we are talking about vegnas. so i again i ask you how vegans kill animals for food

You're missing my point. I'm not saying vegans eat meat. I'm saying them not eat meat doesn't make a difference. Because they will be dying anyway
You're missing my point. I'm not saying vegans eat meat. I'm saying them not eat meat doesn't make a difference. Because they will be dying anyway

no they wont, do you not understand how supply and demand works? if less people eat meat, less animals will be reproduced resulting in less deaths overall, youre making absolutely no sense. that specific animal that they were going to eat may be eaten by another person, but from a larger perspective farming companies will make less sales due to vegans and therefore produce less animals and therefore resulting in less deaths. its basic supply and demand lol
no they wont, do you not understand how supply and demand works? if less people eat meat, less animals will be reproduced resulting in less deaths overall, youre making absolutely no sense. that specific animal that they were going to eat may be eaten by another person, but from a larger perspective farming companies will make less sales due to vegans and therefore produce less animals and therefore resulting in less deaths. its basic supply and demand lol

If you do some research you'll see that more animals are getting killed each year. Supply and demand is a theory. It doesn't apply to every situation.
If you do some research you'll see that more animals are getting killed each year. Supply and demand is a theory. It doesn't apply to every situation.

holy **** i feel like im talking to a retarded brick wall.
YES NO **** MORE ANIMALS ARE GETTING KILLED EACH YEAR, THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I WAS SAYING
MY POINT IS THAT MORE ANIMALS LIVES ARE SAVED WHEN PEOPLE GO VEGAN AS IT RESULTS IN LESS DEATHS
SUPPLY AND DEMAND = MORE PEOPLE EAT MEAT = LARGER PRODUCTION OF MEAT = MORE DEATHS
LESS PEOPLE EAT MEAT = SMALLER PRODUCTION OF MEAT = LESS DEATHS
HOW IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND
Original post by Underscore__
Despite having opinions of both things in the title I’m not looking for a debate in this instance. I’m curious as to what vegans on here think about abortion. I would have thought if you can’t eat a chicken egg you wouldn’t really be in favour of killing a foetus but I’m interested to see what other people think.

If I'm not mistaken (I'm not a vegan, btw :wink: ), vegans are opposed to eating eggs because of the supposed suffering of the chicken that produced the egg, not the lost potential for life.
(edited 5 years ago)
YES NO **** MORE ANIMALS ARE GETTING KILLED EACH YEAR, THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I WAS SAYING
MY POINT IS THAT MORE ANIMALS LIVES ARE SAVED WHEN PEOPLE GO VEGAN AS IT RESULTS IN LESS DEATHS
SUPPLY AND DEMAND = MORE PEOPLE EAT MEAT = LARGER PRODUCTION OF MEAT = MORE DEATHS

Animals. Arent. Killed. Based. On. Demand.
Original post by Ryanzmw
If I'm not mistaken (I'm not a vegan, btw :wink: ), vegans are opposed to eating eggs because of the supposed suffering of the egg that produced it, not the 'suffering' of the unhatched chicken.

that +health reasons , eggs are unfertalised from what i know so it would be like eating a zygote or something i guess
that +health reasons , eggs are unfertalised from what i know so it would be like eating a zygote or something i guess

Yeah a zygote, exactly. Oh also, are there many addition health benefits going from vegetarian to vegan?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 93

In my country, 19million chickens are slaughtered every week, that's 3.4 million per day and 1 billion per year. we only have a population of 54 million. I don't know why I'm even telling you this but I read it in an article today lol.

I'm going to pose to you a dilemma. Is it better to live and be killed or to never be alive in the first place?
Original post by Ryanzmw
If I'm not mistaken (I'm not a vegan, btw :wink: ), vegans are opposed to eating eggs because of the supposed suffering of the chicken that produced the egg, not the lost potential for life.

Well the follow up question would be: what if the chicken is treated well? It seems a little silly to me to give up animal products completely because of battery farming when there are plenty of decent farms out there
Animals. Arent. Killed. Based. On. Demand.

Lol wtf. They're just killed at random then i assume? :laugh: Farmer just wakes up and says 'well shall i plant some wheat or raise some cows today, lets see what this random dice says...

Supply and demand, the fundamental principle underlying all of economics... is not just "theory". More demand for meat = higher meat prices = more farmers choosing to farm meat. Obviously.
Original post by nexttime
Lol wtf. They're just killed at random then i assume? :laugh: Farmer just wakes up and says 'well shall i plant some wheat or raise some cows today, lets see what this random dice says...

Supply and demand, the fundamental principle underlying all of economics... is not just "theory". More demand for meat = higher meat prices = more farmers choosing to farm meat. Obviously.

Demand doesn’t necessarily increase or price, that usually only occurs when the supply is low/restricted
Original post by Underscore__
Demand doesn’t necessarily increase or price, that usually only occurs when the supply is low/restricted

So you agree that farmers, who decide on a regular basis which crop to rear, do so completely independently of demand? What ends up on our supermarket shelves is just... completely random?
Original post by Ryanzmw
Yeah a zygote, exactly. Oh also, are there many addition health benefits going from vegetarian to vegan?

yes loads
Original post by Jono*
In my country, 19million chickens are slaughtered every week, that's 3.4 million per day and 1 billion per year. we only have a population of 54 million. I don't know why I'm even telling you this but I read it in an article today lol.

I'm going to pose to you a dilemma. Is it better to live and be killed or to never be alive in the first place?

its impossible to answer because that situation cant be possible, you dont know when you are alive that you are going to be killed and when. i think theres many more factors like living standards, how long you live, how you die etc. as i said you cant make the choice as to whether something should be alive or not in the first place because you dont know whether they are going to be killed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending