?
Report 10 years ago
Can I suggest Mcluvin?
22KT22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Change it to pincess consuela bananahammack or crap bag. sorry i saw no one had done the friends reference and so couldnt resist. From what i know you need a deed poll and both your parents consent.
gm15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OP I haven't read the whole thread so you probably already said this but:
What is your name and why do you want to change it?
Miss_Scarlett
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ :ditto: Deed poll and with parents consent if you are under 18.

I know someone who changed their name from Alison to Evangeline. Was fairly simple to do, but confusing for those of us who hadn't seen her for years and didnt realise she had changed her name!
Instincts_2012
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by gm15)
OP I haven't read the whole thread so you probably already said this but:
What is your name and why do you want to change it?
There is no need for anyone to know my name. I just want to get some information to change my name.
gm15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Instincts_2012)
There is no need for anyone to know my name. I just want to get some information to change my name.
No need to get so damn angry I just wanted to know your name to see if it really is bad enough to want to change.
Slender Loris
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gm15)
No need to get so damn angry I just wanted to know your name to see if it really is bad enough to want to change.
:confused: He doesn't sound angry to me, and he already said early on in the thread his reason for wanting to change it.
gm15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
And as I said in my very 1st post I haven't read the whole thread.
ALSO that still isn't everything I meant! I was curious to know his name so we all could know if it really is bad enough to change - I don't see why he won't tell us - after all he is going to be changing it!
Casserole
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you ashamed of your heritage?

I've seen loads of chinese and far eastern people in uni change their names. Cue bizarre, out of date names that the adopters deem to be "respectable".

Hi there Iris, Hi there Enoch!

LOLZ
Slender Loris
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't agree with the tone of your post, but your point is interesting and something that has been puzzling me since coming to uni. There are LOTS of Chinese/HK students on my campus, and they all go by a Western name - and as you say, most of the names are a bit odd and out of date, eg. Clarence and Marjorie. Why do they do this? And how do they choose? Is it just whatever they fancy, or is there a list (compiled in 1940) of which Western name their real name corresponds to? I am genuinely curious.
Casserole
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Like I said, ashamed of their heritage. They get the names from their parents, who either
ask their white friends who will no doubt take the pee, or use their initiative and refer back to what they deem as 'modern' yet 'traditional'.

To be fair though, any name's better than being called Wang.
Instincts_2012
Rep:
?
(Original post by gm15)
... the sentence i typed wasn't "so damned angry".-.-
Instincts_2012
Rep:
?
(Original post by Casserole)
Like I said, ashamed of their heritage. They get the names from their parents, who either
ask their white friends who will no doubt take the pee, or use their initiative and refer back to what they deem as 'modern' yet 'traditional'.

To be fair though, any name's better than being called Wang.
My name is stephen Ly.

I just want to change the Ly to Lee. Like its suppose to be pronounced. My parents do not speak english. Therefore named it wrong.
Instincts_2012
Rep:
?
(Original post by gm15)
I am not angry at all in anyway.
I know that my name is not bad in anyway at all.
But my surename is Ly. Ly is pronounced as lie.
I want lee.Lee is pronounced as lee.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Instincts_2012)
What if i do not have a father?:confused:
Jesus?
fatal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my mum changed my name when i was wee, although until a few years ago documents still had the wrong name on it O-O
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BIG BAD BOB)
http://www.deedpoll.org.uk/

I know for a fact that this web sites deed polls are accepted by the passport office, dvla and national insurance people.
I used this service when I did my name change
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise