The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone, just wondering how your experience in Romania was last summer and whether you'd recommend doing it? I'm considering applying for it this year but am struggling to find much information so would be very grateful for any insight. Thanks!
the thread title sounds like a Soviet gulag
I also wondered if anyone knows anything about it, it sounds too good to be true and just wondering if there's a catch...
Has anyone applied for it this year and if so have you heard back yet?
If you haven't heard back from them yet I would call them, I did that last year and managed to get a mobile number which they reply to much faster
Original post by amjc1998
Has anyone applied for it this year and if so have you heard back yet?
How was it? Did you go?
Hi there

I have applied and I heard back from them

But I'm just a bit worried like if it's real or not? Don't want to be paying to go somewhere and not being given money back when they say I will be reimbursed

Original post by daydreamer100
If you haven't heard back from them yet I would call them, I did that last year and managed to get a mobile number which they reply to much faster
I promise you it is legit, I did it last year and they do reimburse you!
Hey how long did it take you to hear back from them???
Original post by vanita161
Hi there

I have applied and I heard back from them

But I'm just a bit worried like if it's real or not? Don't want to be paying to go somewhere and not being given money back when they say I will be reimbursed
Reply 89
Hey, which session have you applied for and how long did they take to get back to you? Anyone applying for the 3rd session? (August session)
I've applied for 2nd and 3rd session. I sent off my initial application and I hadn't heard anything back in a week so I rang them and they found my application then and there and sent me an e info pack.
I sent off the further documents they requested last Sunday and I'm still waiting to hear back again. I'm going to give them until Thursday before I ring again and ask what happening.

If you want the phone number I used just let me know and I'll post it :-)
Original post by gcse_pe
Hey, which session have you applied for and how long did they take to get back to you? Anyone applying for the 3rd session? (August session)
Reply 91
Yes please, can you let me know which number you used. I rang them at the end of May/beginning of June on a UK number and they said they would get back to me, but they still haven't.
Original post by Charlotte7392
I've applied for 2nd and 3rd session. I sent off my initial application and I hadn't heard anything back in a week so I rang them and they found my application then and there and sent me an e info pack.
I sent off the further documents they requested last Sunday and I'm still waiting to hear back again. I'm going to give them until Thursday before I ring again and ask what happening.

If you want the phone number I used just let me know and I'll post it :-)
I used the number: +44 208 123 0798 went through straight away and they were really helpful. If you can't get through to that maybe try +40 724 777 999 but I haven't personally used that number so I can't guarantee anything.
Original post by gcse_pe
Yes please, can you let me know which number you used. I rang them at the end of May/beginning of June on a UK number and they said they would get back to me, but they still haven't.
Hope it helps!
Original post by gcse_pe
Thank you so much, will try that number today! :smile:
Anyone else found them terrible at getting back to you? Have rung them twice and was told I’d been shortlisted for a phone interview some time last week but haven’t heard from them since!
Yeah they are really slow. Just keep on ringing them until you get through
Original post by amjc1998
Anyone else found them terrible at getting back to you? Have rung them twice and was told I’d been shortlisted for a phone interview some time last week but haven’t heard from them since!
Reply 96
Can anyone else from last year just give a little info on whether they ended up going and how it was? Did they deliver on everything they promised (flights,etc)?
I'm there at the moment and so far they have sorted everything out for me/paid me back for everything.
If you say that you'll go you'll get some more info on locations etc.
It's really fun so far
Original post by ingami
Can anyone else from last year just give a little info on whether they ended up going and how it was? Did they deliver on everything they promised (flights,etc)?
Reply 98
Hey, anyone going for the third session, 3rd August?
Yeah im going for the august season,what airport you flying out off?

Latest