Aqa a-level psychology paper 3 exam: Options Watch

Poll: What is your most difficult topic on paper 3 your dreading?
Issues & Debates (23)
17.42%
Relationship (18)
13.64%
Stress (2)
1.52%
Forensic Psychology (21)
15.91%
Schizophrenia (20)
15.15%
Aggression (18)
13.64%
Gender (10)
7.58%
Addiction (8)
6.06%
Eating Behaviour (7)
5.3%
Cognitive & Development (5)
3.79%
CarefreeDreams
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
All the topics of paper 3 welcome!
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
My topics are on Issues & Debates, Stress, Relationship and Forensics Psychology, so that will be the main topic of this discussion, where I'll make a mark scheme once we have done Paper 3. But as I have said previously all topics are welcome.

In saying that, anybody got any predictions for what may come up??
10cking
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hiya! I do: Gender, Forensic and schizophrenia and I’m bricking it for this exam... in forensics all we did was watch documentaries so...that’s gonna go well 😂 sorry that I don’t have any predictions, but if anyone does then that would be fab 💙
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
(Original post by 10cking)
Hiya! I do: Gender, Forensic and schizophrenia and I’m bricking it for this exam... in forensics all we did was watch documentaries so...that’s gonna go well 😂 sorry that I don’t have any predictions, but if anyone does then that would be fab 💙
Yeah, I could sum up my FP lessons as watching loads of documentaries and then trying to get the theory down at home LOL.

I just fell like for FP and Stress, because they have like 13 things to cover each, its gonna be such a drag to revise them, so yeah thats the reason why I'm dreading them.

For predictions, do you think its any point at looking at last years papers and saying that this won't come up? Or does AQA not like us like that to allow us to do that?
10cking
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by CarefreeDreams)
Yeah, I could sum up my FP lessons as watching loads of documentaries and then trying to get the theory down at home LOL.

I just fell like for FP and Stress, because they have like 13 things to cover each, its gonna be such a drag to revise them, so yeah thats the reason why I'm dreading them.

For predictions, do you think its any point at looking at last years papers and saying that this won't come up? Or does AQA not like us like that to allow us to do that?
I pretty much taught myself all of the options back in January so I don’t really remember much tbh...I’m hoping that I can go through them this evening and then the day before the exam I can look through and do practice questions and hope for the best :/

I’m not so sure about that...I would say it’s less likely to come up, but perhaps look at the examiners report and if they say people struggled it’s more likely to come up this year. I’m not in the business of predictions myself, but that seems to be the most logical thing for AQA to do and then test on things that haven’t come up before also.
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
I pretty much taught myself all of the options back in January so I don’t really remember much tbh...I’m hoping that I can go through them this evening and then the day before the exam I can look through and do practice questions and hope for the best :/

I’m not so sure about that...I would say it’s less likely to come up, but perhaps look at the examiners report and if they say people struggled it’s more likely to come up this year. I’m not in the business of predictions myself, but that seems to be the most logical thing for AQA to do and then test on things that haven’t come up before also.
Mmm, I'm doing English revision atm for an exam on Tuesday, and then my focus is going to be Psychology this evening as well.

Yeah, I think looking at the examiner report is actually sooo important!! I looked at one for paper 2, and they basically 'hint' what they may include for the next year, if students struggle with something in particularly the year before. And yeah I think if it came up last year, it would be less likely, but don't entirely rule it out.
10cking
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Mmm, I'm doing English revision atm for an exam on Tuesday, and then my focus is going to be Psychology this evening as well.

Yeah, I think looking at the examiner report is actually sooo important!! I looked at one for paper 2, and they basically 'hint' what they may include for the next year, if students struggle with something in particularly the year before. And yeah I think if it came up last year, it would be less likely, but don't entirely rule it out.
Oh my gosh same! I have AQA English lit on Tuesday which I need to nail after that first exam...

Exactly, I will be scouring that examiners report for as much as I can get as I can’t flip this exam after the other 2 we’ve had... 😂
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
Oh my gosh same! I have AQA English lit on Tuesday which I need to nail after that first exam...

Exactly, I will be scouring that examiners report for as much as I can get as I can’t flip this exam after the other 2 we’ve had... 😂
Awwh, I have edexcel Prose :/ seriously not looking forward to it.

Definitely will be scouring them examiner reports 😂
StudentAlev
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I have sociology tomorrow my worst paper, then I need to cram psychology tomorrow afternoon and night

i do forensic, relationships and schizophrenia ... nd the compulsory issues and debate
plathical
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Options: Gender, Schizophrenia, and Aggression. Noticed that my teacher left a gap in the gender spec last week so I've filled in the gaps. If this one is anything like the first two then I should be fine. How is everyone feeling?
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
(Original post by StudentAlev)
I have sociology tomorrow my worst paper, then I need to cram psychology tomorrow afternoon and night

i do forensic, relationships and schizophrenia ... nd the compulsory issues and debate
Yeah I got a history exam tomorrow afternoon as well, then I got to spend my time after cramming- I know thats going to be sooo much fun :/

How are you feeling for forensics and relationships.
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
(Original post by plathical)
Options: Gender, Schizophrenia, and Aggression. Noticed that my teacher left a gap in the gender spec last week so I've filled in the gaps. If this one is anything like the first two then I should be fine. How is everyone feeling?
I just need to go over everything and make sure its solid in my head. I just don’t know how to feel, I’ve done soo much practise exams for the other 2 papers, this exam for Paper 3 just feels weird. Just hope I will have enough time tomorrow to go over everything.

How you feeling? What are you nervous about?
StudentAlev
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yeah I got a history exam tomorrow afternoon as well, then I got to spend my time after cramming- I know thats going to be sooo much fun :/

How are you feeling for forensics and relationships.
not good to be honest, pretty worried. im mainly concerned about sociologys exam tomrrow then i'll start worrying about psychology Good luck!!
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
(Original post by StudentAlev)
not good to be honest, pretty worried. im mainly concerned about sociologys exam tomrrow then i'll start worrying about psychology Good luck!!
Awwh, yeah a lot of my friends do the double of sociology and psychology. Hope it goes well for you!
Kivs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi does anyone do stress addictions and relationships
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kivs)
Hi does anyone do stress addictions and relationships
I do stress and relationships
grapesmyfriend
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Quick question for anyone who does schizophrenia:

Is Cheniaux et al. for reliability or validity of classification and diagnosis?
Same goes for Rosenhan - reliability or validity? I keep reading different things, thanks!
Mollyharrison
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by grapesmyfriend)
Quick question for anyone who does schizophrenia:

Is Cheniaux et al. for reliability or validity of classification and diagnosis?
Same goes for Rosenhan - reliability or validity? I keep reading different things, thanks!
I do schizophrenia and we were taught it as both, my teacher said it lacks inter-rater reliability as the two psychologists diagnosed different numbers and then it lacks concurrent validity as it is either overdiagnosed with ICD or underdiagnosed for DSM
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Guys how did you find it?

I thought it was okay, not my best attempt because I answered everything. It was just the study’s and statistics which let me down I think.

It took my 5 minutes to figure out what ‘Discuss the role of stress in illness’ was asking for in that 16 marker. The first question again for issues and debates got me, because they all sounded the same.

I was happy with forensics because that could have been a lot harder but it was actually quite nice.

The stratified sampling question in relationship was a fun hunt in my brain for information on research, so probably got like 2 marks out of 4.

But overall nice paper!
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
How did people find issues and debates?

And was it me but did every question ask for a limitation of something, I had to really think for those questions as well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (47)
9.11%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.71%
No, but I want to start (186)
36.05%
No, I am unable to (119)
23.06%
No, I chose not to (150)
29.07%