The Student Room Group

Marking down on English language papers

Hi there. I just sat my gcse English language edexcel exam the other day, and I wrote something which at the time I didn’t think was bad at all, and still don’t think it was bad, but I have been told otherwise. My creative writing ended up with someone getting beaten up and being put in hospital and I wrote “they had been in more comas than Michael Schumacher “. Does anyone else think that I could possibly be marked down for something like this? I didn’t think it was too bad
Original post by GCHERWALTON
Hi there. I just sat my gcse English language edexcel exam the other day, and I wrote something which at the time I didn’t think was bad at all, and still don’t think it was bad, but I have been told otherwise. My creative writing ended up with someone getting beaten up and being put in hospital and I wrote “they had been in more comas than Michael Schumacher “. Does anyone else think that I could possibly be marked down for something like this? I didn’t think it was too bad

No. but it sounds in poor taste and quite clumsy.
Reply 2
Thank you, at the time it seemed fine to me, and I thought it could be used as a literary device in a way, but upon reflection you’re right.

Quick Reply

Latest