what does this mean?

Watch this thread
Imzy010
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i remember we were learning about it in psychology - something to do with internal locus of control? i think, and the teacher went into more detail on how many people with an internal locus of control are smart and gave an example of how this guy was smart and enjoyed learning about a specific subject but still did bad in his exams although he enjoyed the topic he was good at the topic but not in the way the exams taught it or not in the way he would need to know for the exams and specification. like people of this type learn more about their interests and what they find interesting but not in the way they need it to pass exams. what is this called specifically? i remember she said it had a specific name for a type of person, and in one of my subjects it gave a similar example of how a guy had a very high IQ but failed in his degree or GPA because he couldn't learn it in the way he needed it to pass exams.
THS2018
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Not quite sure about the second half but someone with high internal locus of control believes they drive their future. For example working hard to pass their exams as they know this will have a better outcome where as an external believes in fate and that they have nothing to do with the outcome sort of like being a character in a story book with their fate already written. Hope this clarifies something for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads