The Student Room Group

is he trying to make me jealous?

A guy I have been romantically involved with for almost a year(it will be a year in July) has been telling me about how girls would always hit on him or ask him out. Girls would come up to him in university and tell him he's good looking and that they should go out together. He even mentioned how girls would ask other students for his number and would message him. I am 100% sure he still talks to those girls whenever they message him, out of his own "politeness". Also, he has a tutor that he always mentions and says she does this, and she says that. He always mentions how girls would come up to him randomly and ask for his number when he's out. I am not a jealous person because I am secure in who I am, but its gotten to the point where it's annoying me and I am sick of it. He's still in university (he's 20 and I am about to turn 25 and I have a career ahead of me) so there is a bit of an age difference. We started to have communication problems him saying that I don't talk to him much anymore and that I don't open up to him anymore. It's not on purpose as I have a lot of stress in my life atm and preparing for a move. Why does he mention all these girls? Is he trying to make me jealous?
Reply 1
It could be jealousy, or just downright rudeness and immaturity. Some people validate their self-worth through the attention of others. Don’t feel this is something you can’t discuss, it’s healthy in relationships to talk if you’re having problems.Hope it’s sorted for you :smile:
Sure sounds like he is trying to make you jealous. Don't understand why he thinks bragging about all this is a good idea. It makes him look like a fool in my opinion. This kind of talk wouldn't make anyone jealous.

Most of it is probably made up or extremely exaggerated anyway.
NO.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending