Help with audition Watch

username3718968
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I have a audition for an Extended Diploma in Music Performance soon. I need 2 contrasting songs (so one slow and one faster for example). I've chosen this song for one of them (link below), I was thinking this song is on the faster side but I'm not 100% sure. Help/advice would be really appreciated. Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPYNNlbIY5I
ForestShadow
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by jxsiddon12)
I have a audition for an Extended Diploma in Music Performance soon. I need 2 contrasting songs (so one slow and one faster for example). I've chosen this song for one of them (link below), I was thinking this song is on the faster side but I'm not 100% sure. Help/advice would be really appreciated. Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPYNNlbIY5I
From an uneducated view of your diploma requirements, this song doesnt scream 'fast' to me, its kinda mellow , average tempo, the beat isnt excessively quick for me - maybe it'll be fine for your purpose but it seems more like a medium tempo I feel :dontknow:

it certainly sounds good tho and has a nice vibe
Beth_H
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I would class this as a moderate tempo, which you could sing/play a little bit faster or slower than the original depending on what category you wanted to put it in. I would be careful about just taking 'contrasting' to mean 'contrasting tempo', though. Ideally, your two songs should be different in terms of mood, key, tempo and style. If you're singing (which I assume you are), your two songs should ideally show off the lower and higher ends of your vocal range, your ability to use different techniques (e.g. sustained notes vs. more movement, belting vs. quiet, vibrato vs. none) and, crucially, your ability to communicate different emotions, scenarios or characters (whether that's an actual character, as in a song from a musical, or just the 'poetic I' of the text).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
15.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (46)
10.07%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
19.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
14%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.5%
How can I be the best version of myself? (138)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise