sammchardyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
anyone got any novel recommendations for the portfolio part of the advanced higher French course?? its a comparative essay between two novels (or any french literature I think) about the same theme but the only things I've seen so far that are for French learners are L'etranger, Au revoir les enfants, le petit prince and le petit Nicolas, and I don't want to do an essay that is cliché. any suggestions of French books that would be easy to compare and aren't too difficult to read?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sammchardyy)
anyone got any novel recommendations for the portfolio part of the advanced higher French course?? its a comparative essay between two novels (or any french literature I think) about the same theme but the only things I've seen so far that are for French learners are L'etranger, Au revoir les enfants, le petit prince and le petit Nicolas, and I don't want to do an essay that is cliché. any suggestions of French books that would be easy to compare and aren't too difficult to read?
Sorry you've not had any replies yet...I've moved this over to Scottish Qualifications, and hopefully someone will be able to help
alexandra1999
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sammchardyy)
I did advanced higher french this year and I did l'étranger and l'hôte by albert Camus. I found L'étranger really easy to read, the language was pretty simple and it wasn't too long whereas L'hôte is a short story of around 40 pages and I found it sooooo difficult to read. However, in saying that I compared the two based on the theme of the role of choice in absurdism, and i really enjoyed doing it.
MaMahulk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, you don't need to read two novels, just two texts, so for instance part of a novel in the language studied then an analysis or comment or poem linked to the main theme , in the FL and you are sorted! Last year we did Anhouil's Antigone, read Aragon poem about the French resistants and watched
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.09%
Disagree (2)
9.09%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
31.82%
Agree (6)
27.27%
Strongly Agree (5)
22.73%

Watched Threads