The Student Room Group

Ocr biology a level paper 1 2018 unoffical mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

It wasn’t in the right ratio though it was C1H1O1, but it is supposed to be C1H2O1
Reply 381
Original post by immy1140
For the mcq I got:
Temporal summation
Phosphodiester backbones will form in same direction (I thought it was the only one that truly applied to DNA replication, as the distance was just general to DNA not the process of replication... I am probably wrong).

uhrrrr i thought they arent in the same direction bc on one strand they are towards the right, and the other strand theyre towards the lefT? tbh i thought all of them were correct lol
Reply 382
Original post by obi145
I think if the question was referring to RNA primers it would have said that. The thing about distance between the strands is correct. It was referring to the distance between the strands after replication, otherwise how are we expected to know the extent of separation during dna replication?

it said the distance will ALWAYS be the same But ...one strand is lagging and one is leading implying theyre not always thr same? thats wat i thought probs wronh tho
intracellular or extracellular? i put extracellular because the enzymes are produced and there is no evidence that they are contained within cells
Reply 384
Original post by k.g.
for keeping controlled in beetroot experiment can you say keep a constant pH?

probably
On that question there will be loads of differnet anwsers, like I put cholesterol between phosphlipids as regualtes its fludity.
Original post by abigailsnail
What did people put for the property of the phospholipid that maintained its stability? I said the fact that the heads were hydrophilic and tails hydrophobic ? is that right?
molecule is nucleotide
what do people think, 85% for an A*?
Original post by icanget_LOUD_too
GUYS im having a little a panic right now and its probably nothing but i just need confirmation!! So for the 6 mark questions, I wrote A LOT! So much so that i had to keep writing beyond the lines given and now i'm panicking because i'm not sure if the computer scanner thingy just crops that bit out and focuses on the lines given?? I know there were additional pages at the back of the book but that thought never crossed my mind. Does anyone have any idea if this is actually the case or am i freaking out over nothing?? Thanks!

As only as you wrote inside the border (4 lined corners around the page showed this) you will be okay.
Original post by KittyLuver
For the pigment question with the question, it asked to state the differences. But did anyone noticed that a bacteria is a prokaryote whilst normal flowering plants were eukaryotes? The picture showed a free floating circular DNA so I put the differences between prokaryote and eukaryote - Am i right in answering that?

Chloroplasts have a ring of circular dna much like the mitochondria...
Original post by AlexDaviesXi
what do people think, 85% for an A*?

I don't think the grade boundaries will increase that much.
Original post by pm444
I don't think the grade boundaries will increase that much.

what about for a b
For the beetroot one could you talk about time being a controlled variable?
Original post by TheKreton
For the beetroot one could you talk about time being a controlled variable?

yeah

So i got this question wrong :frown:
Reply 395

do you remember what the question was?
Original post by bethharley99
Hi I'm pretty sure if it is obvious that your answer is continued below (e.g. mid sentence) the marker can ask for the whole page :smile:

Ok, so reading some of the comments here made me concerned as I wrote on the pages a lot other than the lined sections.
So I called OCR today and asked them- they said we only supposed to write on the lines, but that they will look at the whole paper- if there’s writing somewhere they will look at it.
So don’t worry about it guys!
Original post by 123ace
do you remember what the question was?

It was asking the difference between the bacterias and normal flowering plant chloroplasts but i did it wrong as a prokaryotes and eukaryotes cell as the picture showed a circular dna.
Reply 398
Original post by obi145
the question asked why un-myelinated neurones take longer to transmit action potentials

Because the impulse can't jump from node to node and has to travel in a straight line? That's what I put anyway
I'm just wondering for the next paper, if we need to know how the plant chemicals produced as defence actually work or if its just their names?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending