The Student Room Group

AQA 7th June GCSE Maths FOUNDATION PAPER 2

How did it go for you? It was tough! Especially the Theo ratio question!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What did you guys get for the Umar and Kaz question ? I got 360KM

edit: I'm not sure if it's right cause for 5 marks it seemed a bit easy
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi. It was bloody awful. I have revised so much and nothing comes up that I understand . It felt like a higher paper or something ?? Yes I think I got the same for that question. I got the six digit one wrong stupidly. And the percentages about years . I knew those but I was going thick in the exam. Half the others I had to guess. I’m so worried now. I may have only got like 20 marks :frown: i lost at least 6 on those I could of done . It was just a joke. What about all these predictions we had? Where were all those sort of things. Instead of all this really confusing stuff I had no idea about :frown:
Original post by Ridinghigh95
Hi. It was bloody awful. I have revised so much and nothing comes up that I understand . It felt like a higher paper or something ?? Yes I think I got the same for that question. I got the six digit one wrong stupidly. And the percentages about years . I knew those but I was going thick in the exam. Half the others I had to guess. I’m so worried now. I may have only got like 20 marks :frown: i lost at least 6 on those I could of done . It was just a joke. What about all these predictions we had? Where were all those sort of things. Instead of all this really confusing stuff I had no idea about :frown:

What grade are you going for? Yeah I literally had to come back to the population question cause I couldn't calculate the percentage properly
The six digit question I swear could have been a load of different numbers. For the first 4 digits I did 1236 as 12x3 is 36. Can’t remember the other two
Original post by HighFructose
What grade are you going for? Yeah I literally had to come back to the population question cause I couldn't calculate the percentage properly

Me either and I couldn’t do it. Then as soon as I walked out I knew what to do :frown: I need a C. Or I can’t get into uni. I’m so annoyed I got the simple ones wrong .
Looks like the grade boundaries will be low anyway
Original post by Ridinghigh95
Me either and I couldn’t do it. Then as soon as I walked out I knew what to do :frown: I need a C. Or I can’t get into uni. I’m so annoyed I got the simple ones wrong .

Man I need a 5 for Uni :frown:
[QiUOTE]The six digit question I swear could have been a load of different numbers. For the first 4 digits I did 1236 as 12x3 is 36. Can’t remember the other two

I did that too n it’s wrong I think ugh
What on Earth was that ratio question?!? I had a page of numbers but no answer
I felt better about that paper than paper 1.

Not much looking forward to paper 3, we haven’t had trig or Pythagoras yet.
I think I’ll have to sit the equivalency test at uni. It’s 2 exams one after the other. It’s not function skills it’s still gcse C grade. Just as a back up. £150 though :/
Original post by jonah778
The six digit question I swear could have been a load of different numbers. For the first 4 digits I did 1236 as 12x3 is 36. Can’t remember the other two

12 X 1 = 1 and 2
12 X 3 = 3 and 6
12 x 5 = 6 and 0

Can't have 6 twice
Original post by cedwards12345
What on Earth was that ratio question?!? I had a page of numbers but no answer

I think that might be the hardest question on paper. From the Higher thread the answer is 6 weeks
I didn’t put 6 twice
Reply 15
What did you do for the fence one?
Original post by cedwards12345
I felt better about that paper than paper 1.

Not much looking forward to paper 3, we haven’t had trig or Pythagoras yet.

Interesting I found paper 1 lot better
Original post by jonah778
Looks like the grade boundaries will be low anyway

I heard ofqual is pressuring examboards to raise boundaries
Original post by HighFructose
12 X 1 = 1 and 2p
12 X 3 = 3 and 6
12 x 5 = 6 and 0

Can't have 6 twice

I can’t remember what I put but thought it’s it was more like 184590

Ugh. Aiming for a 3 now
What did u all get for the triangle angle question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending