Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Guys anyone doing this exam??
    Any advice or tips for this exam? For me I always mess up with 6 marker questions. Last year they had 'Protocol' 'Hardware standards' for 6 markers

And any predictions for final question??

ReputationRep:
    they havent had any questions on ADSL and Leased lines for a while. im hoping that they show up. for the final question maybe they might mention something on keeping data secure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violet.gaffey)
    they havent had any questions on ADSL and Leased lines for a while. im hoping that they show up. for the final question maybe they might mention something on keeping data secure.
    Ohhh yeah if data secure come up for 11 marker it will be awesome - I bet we have to mention all that encryption, Physical security and cctv, logins and all dat stuff right?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    yeah authorisation and authencation, ceasar cipher that stuff. i hope its the 11 marker but know that ive sid it it probs wont be. it could also be the standard future developments of hardware and soft ware

ReputationRep:
    yeah authorisation and authencation, ceasar cipher that stuff. i hope its the 11 marker but know that ive sid it it probs wont be. it could also be the standard future developments of hardware and soft ware
    Hmmmmm’ I hope it comes up. Yes Last year or the year before they had this question about hardware and software development to help student with their studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_student)
    Hmmmmm’ I hope it comes up. Yes Last year or the year before they had this question about hardware and software development to help student with their studies
    in 2016 they asked about personal privacy hardware and software that could impact 2013 was what you said so was 2012 2014 hardware and software for global affairs so that was all about social networking sites and i dont know about the others

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if they're just recycling past questions instead of creating new ones since this is the last year for this spec anyway?

also, what do you guys use to revise for those questions that ask about future developments?? it's not really something we majorly covered in class but my teacher said that we should know at least current emerging technologies??

ReputationRep:
    in 2016 they asked about personal privacy hardware and software that could impact 2013 was what you said so was 2012 2014 hardware and software for global affairs so that was all about social networking sites and i dont know about the others
    Yeah true, All d very best for your exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XANSON00)
    does anyone know if they're just recycling past questions instead of creating new ones since this is the last year for this spec anyway?

also, what do you guys use to revise for those questions that ask about future developments?? it's not really something we majorly covered in class but my teacher said that we should know at least current emerging technologies??
    Maybe, But I can’t give surety exam board can throw anything so yeah just be on safe side. But you can be true so give your extra 5%-10% to all those questions

Yeah same even we haven’t covered much about future developments. Thanks for reminding I will do a bit research about current emerging technologies

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here know the structure to get full marks in 11 markers, I've done no where near enough of them. And what does everyone predict the 11 marker to be on? Is it always future developments? I wouldn't mind one on change management.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_student)
    Maybe, But I can’t give surety exam board can throw anything so yeah just be on safe side. But you can be true so give your extra 5%-10% to all those questions

Yeah same even we haven’t covered much about future developments. Thanks for reminding I will do a bit research about current emerging technologies
    I hope they just recycle questions haha

Share with us what you find, please?

My teacher emailed us these websites:
    https://www.technologyreview.com/lis...nologies/2018/
    https://www.cio.com/article/3254744/...-business.html
    https://www.gartner.com/smarterwithg...ends-for-2018/

She also advised we watch clips from The Gadget Show program, engadget and BBC Click.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlizyBoy)
    Anyone here know the structure to get full marks in 11 markers, I've done no where near enough of them. And what does everyone predict the 11 marker to be on? Is it always future developments? I wouldn't mind one on change management.
    Well yeah my teacher said It will either be future developments ,change management or external changes. Probably it can also be about social networking or about security measures.

Structure for the 11 marker ummmm I roughly know about it. If its change management question you have to consider staff, business, feasibility
    So first start with definition about change management
    Then pick staff and write about 3-4 chains on how the change could impact them- good or bad your choice
    If you mentioned benefits(good) in first paragraph then in next one just evaluate it by writing 4 chains off against(bad) points
    Here you will be done with staff
    Then pick business and write 3-4 chains of impact on business- either benefits or drawbacks
    If you wrote about benefits then evaluate it by writing 3 points of drawbacks due to change more cost or fluctuations in business etc

Almost done!!

Now for extra 2 marks just write 2-3 points for conclusion- In the my opinion change management will depend on_____________

ReputationRep:
    Having looked through all past papers there is a pattern through the June Papers. In 2010,2012,2014,2016 there were two 11 marker questions where as in 2011,2013,2015,2017 there was only one 11 mark question. This brings me the horrible(ish) conclusion that we are going to be given two 11 markers seeing as its 2018

Also I'm predicting that they aren't going to create any new questions however it will be a new organisation in section B of the paper. And also new essay questions.

Obviously I have no idea, this is just my guess. They might make completely new questions seeing as there is a resit only paper next year, June 2019.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edwardbb)
    Having looked through all past papers there is a pattern through the June Papers. In 2010,2012,2014,2016 there were two 11 marker questions where as in 2011,2013,2015,2017 there was only one 11 mark question. This brings me the horrible(ish) conclusion that we are going to be given two 11 markers seeing as its 2018

Also I'm predicting that they aren't going to create any new questions however it will be a new organisation in section B of the paper. And also new essay questions.

Obviously I have no idea, this is just my guess. They might make completely new questions seeing as there is a resit only paper next year, June 2019.
    Hmmmmmm maybe
    Yeah😂😂 they had some weird organisation like ABC homes, Wedding outfitters

ReputationRep:
    for the future development side of thingd my teacher always told me to look at BBC Click. they have weaird new stuff shown and tell you all about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edwardbb)

I worry about those possible two 11 markers because it's so unclear on how to get the top band. OCR's ICR mark scheme is also kind of vague?

Also, what is everyone using for revision? Are you using revision cards, books, notes, TeachICT??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XANSON00)
    I worry about those possible two 11 markers because it's so unclear on how to get the top band. OCR's ICR mark scheme is also kind of vague?

Also, what is everyone using for revision? Are you using revision cards, books, notes, TeachICT??
    I am doing a bit of everything really. ive got post it notes everywhere of anything i could think of. but as i have said before the past papers are really what i feel are helping the most. Everyone has different types of revision that work for them so. Everyone best of luck for tomorrow morning! xx

ReputationRep:
    Hiii guys👋🏻 how did u all find the paper?

I did pretty good it was just the natural language interface and critical path questions that i messed up and also that procedure for reviews 😓
    Overall was alright for me

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good for me too just a couple of questions i hoped didn't come up came like CPA (hoping for at least a couple marks) and DFD I was clueless. Other than that, was pretty good. Oh and essay question was sweet, hoping to enter top band. I wrote about hotels that have those tablets that offer room services, points of interest etc. WBU guys?

Any thoughts on whether the grade boundaries up and down? Hoping they go down then i can definitely achieve an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlizyBoy)
    Pretty good for me too just a couple of questions i hoped didn't come up came like CPA (hoping for at least a couple marks) and DFD I was clueless. Other than that, was pretty good. Oh and essay question was sweet, hoping to enter top band. I wrote about hotels that have those tablets that offer room services, points of interest etc. WBU guys?

Any thoughts on whether the grade boundaries up and down? Hoping they go down then i can definitely achieve an A
    Ohhmygodd👍🏻 Not gonna lie first I thought the same thing about tablets and services involved through it and I also wrote couple of points on it then a new development came into my mind so I crossed the tablets one and wrote about digital watches- having barcode in it which will help guests to enter departments if they scan display of watch to the scanner and can also view hotel map which will help them to reach their destination in hotel like snooker room or breakfast hall etc... will it work though? Or i messed up?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.