Further Maths module help AQA Watch

GenjjutsuGG
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I still dont fully understand the combos. I emailed AQA a week ago and no reply...
Lets say my UMS in this combo allows me to get an A* in maths and A in further maths and any other combo leads to A* B.
Maths: C1-4, S1-2,
Further Maths: FP1-2, D1-2, S3, M1
Is this possible? AQA BTW
zetamcfc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GenjjutsuGG)
I still dont fully understand the combos. I emailed AQA a week ago and no reply...
Lets say my UMS in this combo allows me to get an A* in maths and A in further maths and any other combo leads to A* B.
Maths: C1-4, S1-2,
Further Maths: FP1-2, D1-2, S3, M1
Is this possible? AQA BTW
They give you the highest grade combo, so in this case you'd get A*A.
GenjjutsuGG
Rep:
?
(Original post by zetamcfc)
They give you the highest grade combo, so in this case you'd get A*A.
Not all combos are allowed
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I believe that you'll need the S1 and S2 in your further Maths. However this is out of your control. The boards sort all of this out for you. With a guideline that they will try to arrange the units of your maths for you such that they maximise your UMS in Maths, this is the first priority, when the module combination that maximizes your Maths grade has been selected, the remaining units will compile your FM UMS. Bearing in mind the module combinations have to be valid (i.e if you have M2 in your FM you also need M1 in your FM), however the specifics of the module combinations I'm not too sure on the semantics of the issue, so perhaps someone below me can clarify the regulations for module selections. However what is true is the fact they will always try to maximise your Maths UMS FIRST, and then whatever is left will form your FM UMS, there is no guarantee of the combo that gets you an A in FM because I believe they will use your highest modules on Maths first.
GenjjutsuGG
Rep:
?
BUMP
Prasiortle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BUMP
Are you still confused? Post #4 above already gave you a detailed response.
GenjjutsuGG
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prasiortle)
Are you still confused? Post #4 above already gave you a detailed response.
He said I need X1 in my further maths if I have X2 in FM

So FM: FP1, FP2, S3, D1 ,D2 ,M1 Isnt possible?
GenjjutsuGG
Rep:
?
BUMP someone please explain
Prasiortle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He said I need X1 in my further maths if I have X2 in FM

So FM: FP1, FP2, S3, D1 ,D2 ,M1 Isnt possible?
I read his post a bit more carefully and it looks like he was wrong about that. The rules, taken directly from OFQUAL's document, are as follows:

Within A-Level Maths, you must have C1-4 + {M1 and S1, M1 and D1, S1 and D1, M1 and M2, S1 and S2, or D1 and D2}.

Within A-Level Further Maths, you must have at least two FP modules, and then you can choose the other modules (except obviously you can't choose C1-4). However, at least three of your six Further Maths modules must be at A2 level (other than C1-2, the AS modules are FP1, M1, S1, and D1).

Also, to get both A-Level Maths and Further Maths, you must have a total of 12 different modules.

Subject to these rules, units will be allocated to Maths or Further Maths in the following way: they first attempt to maximise your Maths grade, then maximise your Further Maths grade, then maximise your Maths total UMS mark, then maximise your Further Maths total UMS mark.
GenjjutsuGG
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prasiortle)
I read his post a bit more carefully and it looks like he was wrong about that. The rules, taken directly from OFQUAL's document, are as follows:

Within A-Level Maths, you must have C1-4 + {M1 and S1, M1 and D1, S1 and D1, M1 and M2, S1 and S2, or D1 and D2}.

Within A-Level Further Maths, you must have at least two FP modules, and then you can choose the other modules (except obviously you can't choose C1-4). However, at least three of your six Further Maths modules must be at A2 level (other than C1-2, the AS modules are FP1, M1, S1, and D1).

Also, to get both A-Level Maths and Further Maths, you must have a total of 12 different modules.

Subject to these rules, units will be allocated to Maths or Further Maths in the following way: they first attempt to maximise your Maths grade, then maximise your Further Maths grade, then maximise your Maths total UMS mark, then maximise your Further Maths total UMS mark.
Thank you very much I've seen that document before and /I keep getting conflicted information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (92)
13.98%
The paper was reasonable (362)
55.02%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
23.4%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.6%

Watched Threads