The Student Room Group

Potential grade boundaries for GCSE Maths 2018 Higher Edexcel

How has everyone found the papers so far? Do you think the grade boundaries will be really high this year ?

Scroll to see replies

yes definitely high, everyone found paper 1 & 2 easy. I feel like unless paper 3 is super hard a 9 will be like 220/240
Reply 2
i really hope its not i really want a 6 or 7 i did bad on both maybe 40/80 am guessing
not sure aiming for a 9 hoping they will be around 190 like last time. these tests were just as hard as last years some are saying.
Reply 4
Original post by Xysaxbelx
yes definitely high, everyone found paper 1 & 2 easy. I feel like unless paper 3 is super hard a 9 will be like 220/240

What about to get grade 4&5
Original post by Riya_57
What about to get grade 4&5

i think half
Reply 6
i think half

how about a 6
i think half

It was half to get a 7 last year they’ll be high but not that high
Reply 8
Original post by Farhana001
It was half to get a 7 last year they’ll be high but not that high

how about a 6?
they will be higher for grades 5 6 7
but the same for grades 8 and 9
because more people will pass and the exams were easier than last year
Original post by idi21212
how about a 6?

Yeah i would say it should be enough , i would add on 7% from last years as a harsh grade boundary to work out an estimate as we don’t know yet
Original post by saras2710
they will be higher for grades 5 6 7
but the same for grades 8 and 9
because more people will pass and the exams were easier than last year

Wouldn’t it increase for an 8/9 say by 4/5 % ?
Reply 12
Yeah i would say it should be enough , i would add on 7% from last years as a harsh grade boundary to work out an estimate as we don’t know yet

Can you help me please, what should I do I order to make sure I get a 5 on paper 3 as I feel like I’ve done bad on 1&2
Reply 13
Original post by Saif Saleemi
not sure aiming for a 9 hoping they will be around 190 like last time. these tests were just as hard as last years some are saying.

What should I do I order to make sure I get a 5 overall as I feel like I’ve done bad on 1&2 and maybe by passed in this rate ?
Original post by Riya_57
Can you help me please, what should I do I order to make sure I get a 5 on paper 3 as I feel like I’ve done bad on 1&2

Revise the topics you know that if they come up you will skip , there will be a lot of geometry in paper 3 make sure you learn your equations and go on ,on maths , mathsgenie and Corbett maths they do predicted papers so the topics which haven’t come up yet they’ll make a prediction paper with them for paper 3
Reply 15
Revise the topics you know that if they come up you will skip , there will be a lot of geometry in paper 3 make sure you learn your equations and go on ,on maths , mathsgenie and Corbett maths they do predicted papers so the topics which haven’t come up yet they’ll make a prediction paper with them for paper 3

Thanks, I’m so scared
Original post by Riya_57
Thanks, I’m so scared

Yeah so am I , i need a 7 to do it for a level and if I want that I’m going to need to get high in paper 3 :/ good luck
Reply 17
Yeah so am I , i need a 7 to do it for a level and if I want that I’m going to need to get high in paper 3 :/ good luck

Gods luck to you too. Yeah I also needed a 7 but for something else but that’s not happening now 😔
grade 9 won't go over 200 , im thinking 195
I think a 7 will be around 54-56%. It won't go up by a considerable amount, but it will go up because the papers were more accessible.

Quick Reply

Latest