The Student Room Group

Part time job

Im 15 years old and i am currently looking for a part time job so i can earn some money for myself instead of pestering my parents all the time?
What do you all reckon?
paper round? That's as much as you'd get at this age-I would know
Original post by Kellyk26
Im 15 years old and i am currently looking for a part time job so i can earn some money for myself instead of pestering my parents all the time?
What do you all reckon?

Hi there

Adviser Rosy here from the National Careers Service, it’s great that you are thinking about your options from an early stage.

A part time job can be a great way to earn money and gain valuable experience to add to your CV which will give you an advantage when you are looking for work in future! The important thing at your age is to ensure you working does not have a negative effect on your education.

To make sure that doesn’t happen the government have certain rules in place for anyone under the age of 16 working part time:

Up to 2 hours on a school day, but not during school hours and cannot work before 7.00am or after 7.00pm.

On Saturdays, can work 8 hours between 7.00am and 7.00pm and on Sundays can only work between 7.00am and 7.00pm, up to a maximum of 2 hours.

During school holidays, can work up to a maximum of 35 hours per week, but the same limits for working on Saturday and Sunday apply.

There must also be a two week break during school holidays each year

Common places to find work for people of your age include local shops, animal shelters or stables, hairdressers, garden centres. You may also find some work in hotels, cafes and restaurants.

To get any of these jobs however you would likely need a CV. Why not call the National Careers Service to get tips on making a CV? Our team of advisors can give you expert, friendly, advice and support and you could contact them by phone on 0800 100 900 or by email, text message or webchat by looking at this website:

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/contact-us/home

They are available 8am to 10pm every day and you can count on them to be completely confidential and impartial.

I hope this helps!

Rosy
Original post by Kellyk26
What do you all reckon?

Like has been said in a lot of other threads on here 99% of places dont take on under 16's.
Your best bet is a paper round.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending