Contradicted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello all,

Has anyone done the AS-Level English Literature B (7716/17) exams?
It includes Othello, DOAS and Keats

*The Dates were 18th May 2018 (Paper 1) and 23rd May 2018 (Paper 2)*
If anyone knows the question that came up, please let me know

Thanks
faelo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
section a was an extract from act 2 of Othello, beginning where Rodorigo is being convinced by Iago to provoke Cassio after he's been drinking; it ends at the line act knavery's plain face never being seen til used???
section b is "corpus represents chaos and catastrophe; Venice represents control and civilisation" OR "Emilia is the victim of male power and malice"
section c is "antagonist and villains are always wickedly attractive" (relevance to Death of a Salesman WHERE ????) or "pride elevates the tragic hero/heroine rather than diminishes them" (again, relevance to Keats where???)
Contradicted
Rep:
?
(Original post by faelo)
section a was an extract from act 2 of Othello, beginning where Rodorigo is being convinced by Iago to provoke Cassio after he's been drinking; it ends at the line act knavery's plain face never being seen til used???
section b is "corpus represents chaos and catastrophe; Venice represents control and civilisation" OR "Emilia is the victim of male power and malice"
section c is "antagonist and villains are always wickedly attractive" (relevance to Death of a Salesman WHERE ????) or "pride elevates the tragic hero/heroine rather than diminishes them" (again, relevance to Keats where???)
Which novels did you answer expect for Othello?
Is there 3 questions that you can choose from in Othello? Because Im pretty sure that it is just an extract where you have to write about
faelo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Samee Aslam)
Which novels did you answer expect for Othello?
Is there 3 questions that you can choose from in Othello? Because Im pretty sure that it is just an extract where you have to write about
well I mean, I did the exam myself, so I can 100% confirm that there's an extract question for Othello, and then a question on the play; they'll give you two statements and you can pick either one. the other texts I was examined on were Death of a Salesman and the Keats poetry (the pre-1900 text)
Contradicted
Rep:
?
(Original post by faelo)
well I mean, I did the exam myself, so I can 100% confirm that there's an extract question for Othello, and then a question on the play; they'll give you two statements and you can pick either one. the other texts I was examined on were Death of a Salesman and the Keats poetry (the pre-1900 text)
What was the extract for Othello, the two statements for othello and the questions on DOAS and Keats?
faelo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What was the extract for Othello, the two statements for othello and the questions on DOAS and Keats?
it's all in my original answer to you but to clarify:

act 2 scene 1 of Othello, beginning where Rodorigo is being convinced by Iago to provoke Cassio after he's been drinking; it ends at the line about "knavery's plain face never being seen til used"

section b is "Cyprus represents chaos and catastrophe; Venice represents control and civilisation" OR "Emilia is the victim of male power and malice"
how far do you agree?

section c is "antagonists and villains are always wickedly attractive" or "pride elevates the tragic hero/heroine rather than diminishes them" how far do you agree with (either) statement
Contradicted
Rep:
?
Has anyone done this exam?
Contradicted
Rep:
?
Bump. Please if anyone has done this exam, let me know what questions have come up
Contradicted
Rep:
?
Surely people have done this exam no?
Contradicted
Rep:
?
bump
Contradicted
Rep:
?
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bump. Please if anyone has done this exam, let me know what questions have come up
The guy above seemed to have answer your question... Twice. 😬

Maybe read that and stop bumping the thread?
Contradicted
Rep:
?
(Original post by FloralHybrid)
The guy above seemed to have answer your question... Twice. 😬

Maybe read that and stop bumping the thread?
That paper was for A-Level not AS...
Contradicted
Rep:
?
Has anyone done the Othello and Death of a salesman extract for AS 2018?
bethsharpex
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I guess for Section C the question on pride, you could talk about Lycius' pride when he flaunts Lamia around the streets before their marriage and how he becomes the predator and she the pray in Part 2 of the poem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.16%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.81%

Watched Threads