wheresmejumper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm interested in doing an EPQ on the benefits and drawbacks of different cancer therapeutics e.g. comparing traditional methods of treatment such as surgical removal, radiotherapy and chemo to immunotherapies.

I'm not sure if this topic is too broad, or what a suitable question relating to these topics would be?

Thanks for any advice
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wheresmejumper)
I'm interested in doing an EPQ on the benefits and drawbacks of different cancer therapeutics e.g. comparing traditional methods of treatment such as surgical removal, radiotherapy and chemo to immunotherapies.

I'm not sure if this topic is too broad, or what a suitable question relating to these topics would be?

Thanks for any advice
Hey

I'm currently a masters student studying Translational Oncology so this is my area

you could evaluate the traditional therapies in respect to targeted medicine and consider where the future of oncology could go next based on methods and knowledge we have available to us?

It might be better to focus on a specific cancer e.g. breast cancer than try and explain everything
OJONESN
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wheresmejumper)

Thanks for any advice
I did my EPQ last year on comparing traditional cancer treatments to gene therapy, my title question was along the lines of "to what extent could gene therapy be effective in treating cancer". If i were you i would focus either on a particular cancer or a particular therapy otherwise there would probably be too much to go into. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (71)
15.5%
Uncertainty around my education (79)
17.25%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (42)
9.17%
Isolating with family (28)
6.11%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (19)
4.15%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (38)
8.3%
Loneliness (44)
9.61%
Financial worries (15)
3.28%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (44)
9.61%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.99%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (46)
10.04%

Watched Threads