The Student Room Group

Waking up early for exams

Is it a good idea to get up at 6 o'clock to revise for exams
If you need the extra revision more than the sleep then yes.
No, I woke up at half 5 to revise for an exam and promptly paid for it midway through. Be smart and revise in the evening and get some rest.
Yes I stayed to from 3-8 for my exam at 9 was fine :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by BitMel
Is it a good idea to get up at 6 o'clock to revise for exams

If it works for you it's fine, 6am isn't too early anyway lots of people wake up then normally. It's a pretty common tactic. Used to wake up at 3am for GCSEs because I forget everything overnight and I was pretty stressed ahah. Worked for me, just caught up sleep in the days in between exams.
However for exams that are less based on memorisation and more long-term like A-levels, waking up at 6am probably won't make a difference.
Reply 5
Depends if you're able to function on little sleep. I felt like I've done really well in my exams so far by waking up really early but I'm use to not sleeping a lot so it works for me. My schedule for today was;
4 - wake up and revise
8 - drive to college
9:30 - 3hr English Lit exam
12:30 - lunch (6 inch subway sandwich and 500ml can of monster)
13:30 - 2hr business exam
I didn't feel tired at all but that's due to me rarely drinking caffeine so I have a low tolerance plus I'm use to staying up for long periods of time. The morning revision is really useful and it stays fresh in your mind, I forget when I sleep. I wouldn't recommend doing it if you've never woken up that early before tho, it will **** you midway through the exam.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest