The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language paper 2 predictions

What do you think it will be on Q5? They always seem to use article, so I feel they’re gonna Change up. Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a leaflet?
Reply 2
haa no
Original post by Student303.1
What do you think it will be on Q5? They always seem to use article, so I feel they’re gonna Change up. Thoughts?

Speech, perhaps?
I think a letter.
Reply 5
writing to explain
Original post by leahnj
a leaflet?

how does one write a leaflet? i feel like they might use speech but i'm hoping its an article since that's probably the easiest thing to write
Reply 7
Original post by Eesha Ahsen
how does one write a leaflet? i feel like they might use speech but i'm hoping its an article since that's probably the easiest thing to write

ikr apparently they can make us write a blog post too?! apparently articles have been used last year hhh
Original post by leahnj
ikr apparently they can make us write a blog post too?! apparently articles have been used last year hhh

would a blog post be like a casual version of an article? so the possible things to come up are letters, blog posts, articles, leaflets and speeches?
sounds intense : (
Reply 9
would a blog post be like a casual version of an article? so the possible things to come up are letters, blog posts, articles, leaflets and speeches?

i think so. i feel like giving up at this point ive forgotten everything
It was a speech in the November 2017 re-sits and a Broadsheet in the June 2017 exam. Hopefully they won't come up tomorrow as they are not my strongest! Hoping for a letter!
It's a bit odd that there seems to be a pattern where they are focusing on old people... Unseen poetry was about old people, Language paper 1 question 5's picture was an old man, the extract was about an old person... Maybe they might come up with something related to elderly people again.

Don't believe this too much, it's almost impossible to predict language papers.

AQA hasn't said that a blog post is an option, and if it is, AQA don't expect you to write informally as that would mean you would lose marks for SPaG.
I predict that it will be write article about importance of eating vegetables
Original post by Estermont
It's a bit odd that there seems to be a pattern where they are focusing on old people... Unseen poetry was about old people, Language paper 1 question 5's picture was an old man, the extract was about an old person... Maybe they might come up with something related to elderly people again.

Don't believe this too much, it's almost impossible to predict language papers.

I totally agree with you, could be to do with something of age. Those examiners love talking about themselves ahah!
Original post by ___Nassir___
I predict that it will be write article about importance of eating vegetables

that's oddly specific lol
I think it’s going to be a speech on global warming and my teacher recons extracts are going to be on Knitting 😂
Original post by Student303.1
Maybe bc paper 1 q5 lang was a picture of a market
Why do yoU think that ?
Original post by Loganrain
I think it’s going to be a speech on global warming and my teacher recons extracts are going to be on Knitting 😂
Because global warming is quite recent in the news and they need to give us something we can talk about and speeches have only been in one of the resits
Original post by Livfinnigan
Why do yoU think that ?

Quick Reply