(Late) Submission Unmarked - what to do?! Watch

Ichigo S-G
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Last December (2016), we had a paper due for psychology via moodle; you upload your file by the given date and time. There is also the additional chance to upload 24 hours after the deadline with a 5% deduction at your own risk (as well as 2-week extenuating circumstances, but that's not the point of this topic).
So, I'd uploaded my assignment until the given deadline, but it was still unfinished so l uploaded to the 24-hour ext. when the time came because, obviously, I've made enough changes to the document.
However, when results came out in summer (2017), I noticed that the on-time submission was marked (42/100) and not the late submission.

Now, I've always used the late submission when needed and never experienced the on-time being marked over the late one, more so the late one is usually marked over the on-time submission (or sometimes both are marked!) clearly because the two documents differ greatly - and such was this case too!
Basically, when I asked my lecturer about this, she said there was no point in marking late submissions as it's unlikely to have much turnover in 24hours, which isn't necessarily true. So I thought "Ok, fine. No worries, I should have known better." Until I re-checked the module handbook a few months ago which does NOT say anything about disregarding late submissions - ONLY that it will receive a 5% deducted grade.

I asked her about it again in November, and again in April and she said the same thing. She recently offered to look into it but said that the board would be unlikely to do anything about it as it has been so long...
I've just written her an email prompting her to update me on the matter and will wait for her response.
Until then, what could I do about this? I'm worried mainly because this module has the LOWEST grades out of my degree - not that they're great anyways, but as it stands, I'm looking at a 3rd with it - I'm in the final year, and now that exams are over, graduation is fast approaching and I'm wishing I looked into this well beforehand... Any advice?
Paigesmith578
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Sounds like she’s being lazy. Go to her superior
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ichigo S-G
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Paigesmith578)
Sounds like she’s being lazy. Go to her superior
You mean like the module leader? She's both the lecturer and that but I could go see the course leader I think!
Our old one left for greener pastures last term...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (88)
9.95%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (147)
16.63%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (127)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.62%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.88%

Watched Threads