The Student Room Group

Completing A level in 4 years

I came to the UK in 2015 and spent a good year (AS) chilling, and I happened to get a C for Math and U for physics.

Then I realised that I can't afford to do this anymore, so I changed the school and retake my AS again, I got A for Math (A Level), A for further Math (AS level), and C for Economics (1 UMS away from Grade B).

I got managment offers from UCL(AAA), LSE(AAA), Manchester(AAA),Queen Mary(AAA) and City Univeristy (AAA). I firmed LSE and did not take any second choice.(I dont want to go to Manchester)

For my 2nd year of A-level, I dropped Econ and take Psychology (1 year accelerated course, doing all 4 units at one year), Basically, I screwed my unit 3 Psychology, so probably I won't get my A and I'll miss the offer.

I'm wondering is it possible for me to redo my exam again in the following year and still have a chance to get into G5, despite the fact that I spent 4 years doing A level. Not sure about the preferred time frame for completing A-level, and I heard it's 2 years but it is for medics.

Please leave a comment if you can help!!! Thank You!
Original post by joechan981223
I came to the UK in 2015 and spent a good year (AS) chilling, and I happened to get a C for Math and U for physics.

Then I realised that I can't afford to do this anymore, so I changed the school and retake my AS again, I got A for Math (A Level), A for further Math (AS level), and C for Economics (1 UMS away from Grade B).

I got managment offers from UCL(AAA), LSE(AAA), Manchester(AAA),Queen Mary(AAA) and City Univeristy (AAA). I firmed LSE and did not take any second choice.(I dont want to go to Manchester)

For my 2nd year of A-level, I dropped Econ and take Psychology (1 year accelerated course, doing all 4 units at one year), Basically, I screwed my unit 3 Psychology, so probably I won't get my A and I'll miss the offer.

I'm wondering is it possible for me to redo my exam again in the following year and still have a chance to get into G5, despite the fact that I spent 4 years doing A level. Not sure about the preferred time frame for completing A-level, and I heard it's 2 years but it is for medics.

Please leave a comment if you can help!!! Thank You!

Retake possible yes.
Up to your uni how they regard it, they might up it to A*
Read their web page for attitude to retakes, at least it isnt medicine.

Private candidate £300-500.

Quick Reply

Latest