Getting my own flat for third year at uni? Watch

fefssdf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys after just having pretty negative experiences regarding house shares and my plans for next year going up in flames I've found myself with nowhere to live in the sense I don't have any friends I could move in with. The obvious answer is to go and find a house share with some random people but tbh I'm not sure if that's actually that good of an idea since I'm sharing with 7 others now and I really don't like it since I just feel like I don't have my own space and since I'm. Not friends with any of them it just doesn't feel himself at all. So I'm considering just getting a flat by myself and I've found one that's pretty cheap tbh but I guess the thing that's making me. A bit anxious is the fact that I feel. People would just judge me if they found out I lived on my own.... My social life is kinda non existent and so I'm gonna be trying to make new friends ect with going to socials and stuff next year but I guess the obvious like question about oh where do you live ect is gonna come up in convo sooner or later and I feel I'd be too embarassed to say if I was living on my own. If anyone has any like advice on what to do thst would be great, thanks
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've just finished 1st year and for 2nd year I'll be living in a house with 3 other girls but I'm worried about the lack of privacy and space. I'm considering getting my own place for 3rd year if I don't like it and I don't think it would be an issue and certainly nothing to be embarrassed about. It's 3rd year so the workload is likely to be pretty high. right? Having your own place means no distractions or noises and you can work really well. That's my impression anyway. If you want to try it out then go for it.
alexschmalex
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I lived alone second and third year, literally nobody "judged" me or anything so honestly don't worry about it. Living alone is sooooo stress free and I don't think I'll ever be able to live with people again unless I'm married to them. Go for the flat, you'll have 0 regrets
fefssdf
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by alexschmalex)
I lived alone second and third year, literally nobody "judged" me or anything so honestly don't worry about it. Living alone is sooooo stress free and I don't think I'll ever be able to live with people again unless I'm married to them. Go for the flat, you'll have 0 regrets
Thanks that's reassuring to hear aha and yen like I know I would definitely. Enjoy it I'm just worried about other people but I guess I shouldn't care so much since my own like sense of feeling comfortable is most important
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (99)
24.26%
No (309)
75.74%

Watched Threads