Aqa gcse english language paper 2 8th June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

helppp

you know for the article question (q5) i wrote very informally ]
will i get penalised for it?!!!!?!!!
is that okay?

SUPER SCARED
I TOTALLY FAILED PAPER 1 SO I HAD TO DO GOOD FOR THIS ONE
I MIGHT HAVE MESSED IT UP WITH QUESTION 5 WITH THE INFORMAL TONE... TELL ME IM WRONG PLEASE
Original post by Jodieeee8273
I literally did this. I included personification when it was crisply a metaphor and panicked. I asked my teacher straight away and she said don’t worry you won’t loose any marks, you just won’t gain any. In the English mark scheme they look for explanation other it anyway. You just won’t get full marks

Ah yeah, thanks. So glad
Original post by AelinSardothein
helppp

is that okay?

SUPER SCARED
I MIGHT HAVE MESSED IT UP WITH QUESTION 5 WITH THE INFORMAL TONE... TELL ME IM WRONG PLEASE

I did the same...
helppp

is that okay?

SUPER SCARED

I did the same...
Original post by owenftw
Only wrote 1 paragraph that filled the first page for q4, I just totally forgot what to look for in that question.

In q2 or 3... I called 'majestically' an adjective :banghead: but I explained it gave connotations of royalty and high standards and that people in the area looked up to them.

For Q5, Quick overview: I introduced the topic with sports day at school and how fun it use to be and moved on to say how sports is all about winning these days by fouling others...etc. Explained the negative effect is has on children watching the sports and how better society would be if sports was more fair...etc.

Oh my god I wrote the same for majestic. Phew I am so happy 😭question 3 was about source B was isn’t
Did 6 paragraphs for Q2. 5 for Q3. And the whole space for q4 + 3 extra pages. All the space available for Q5
Original post by Jamesjohna
Ah didn’t say that I probs got like 4/5 marks as I did two paragraphs also saying the board was like a coffin I said the use of simile suggests that they may be surfing into there death

I Said that Too!! ( apart from I didn’t say it was a simile ) so happy:smile: what question did you write that for ?
I found paper 2 alright but paper 1 was definitely better even though my time management sucked.
Original post by haroonzia
i did the same...

I did the same...

will we fail?

Honestly im actually crying sfm
i cannot fail anything
will we fail?

Honestly im actually crying sfm
i cannot fail anything

Dw, try not to think about it too much, you’ll be fine. What did you put for the other Q’s?
You had to address corruption and money because that was part of the statement, so my guess was that it was sports on a whole, like in general, but am sure you won't lose a lot of marks if your article is compelling and interesting....
Original post by ohdearstudying
the whole exam was poorly worded, but Q2 I sat there for a few moments, exam trembling in my hands because I had 0 clue what they wanted me to talk about. so i spent a good 5 minutes playing with my calculator (that i had in my pencil case lmao) trying to work out whether 2 ft is bigger or smaller than 28 inches.

I really hope it didn't affect my grade severely. The way it was worded honestly confused me really badly.

let's all hope it didn't affect anything at all
The grade boundaries historical move by a maximum of 5 marks so realistically speaking:
Grade 9 = 128
Grade 8 = 118
Grade 7 = 109
Grade 6 = 93
Grade 5 = 82
I doubt the grade boundaries will change significantly as it hasn't in the past.
helppp

is that okay?

SUPER SCARED

i’m ngl, im in completely the same position. i was so confident then i realised the informal tone will probably allow me no more than half marks, and idk i think ive failed that, gonna b devastating in august ah
Can anyone help me...I completely messed up question 5. I wrote only about sports in schools and how it was unfair that people didnt get to experience the fun of sports if it was just competition based. I didn’t do anything about it being corrupt/fair or professional athletes cheating? I also think I wrote to persuade instead of explain my point of view? Will I drop loads? I was predicted an 8 but I don’t there is no way I will get it :’(
helppp

is that okay?

SUPER SCARED

i wrote slightly informally oh my god
what about from novembers resit grade boundaries
Original post by dcsdcsdc
It doesn't matter about format

If you want marks it does
I came up with a point but didn’t develop it but idk if it makes sense; source A described them as sun tanned ‘gods’ which depicts them as above everyone else and places them on a pedestal which could convey how the writer believes surfing is viewed as extremely attractive etc in cali. But in the other one they say the surfers are still “engulfed” by the waves regardless, suggesting the antithesis and that they are the same as every body else...
Idk i talked about changes in tone for both of them like source A originally is very uplifting and positive then slowly becomes very “in your face” panicky kinda thing then how source B is the opposite how it starts off as nervous and scared but gradually becomes positive. Showing the different perspectives. IDK I FULLY JUST BS MY WAY THROUGH IM LUCKY IF I GET A GRADE 5 🤪 x x pls tell me these r PLAUSIBLE ideas someoneee ahh im panicking
Original post by my life is a lie
i wrote slightly informally oh my god

You won’t lose any marks for writing informally as long as it is logical and fits in with your argument.
Whats a grade 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending