I don’t want to do anything anymore Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Everyday I just wake up feeling so tired and drained. I don’t want to open the curtains and I keep pushing my alarm back and back until I’m late for college. I can only put half my effort into my work because I just have no motivation, and when I get home I can’t bring myself to sit down and start to do work because my body keeps fighting it, urging me to lay down and go to sleep.

This is such an important time in my life and I have absolutely no energy and no motivation. I eat a varied diet, I take iron tablets, I get plenty of sleep, I spend a lot of time walking outside every day, but none of it helps, and these were all the suggestions given to me by my doctor. I don’t even want to have fun, because everything I think of sounds either boring or like too much effort, so I just spend hours watching films or videos or reading in bed. I’ve tried therapy, but it was completely useless, and I’m too young to take antidepressants. It’s been like this for years now, but it’s got even worse recently. What am I supposed to do? How can I change my life to actually gain some motivation? Or will it always be like this until motivation comes back to me?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Everyday I just wake up feeling so tired and drained. I don’t want to open the curtains and I keep pushing my alarm back and back until I’m late for college. I can only put half my effort into my work because I just have no motivation, and when I get home I can’t bring myself to sit down and start to do work because my body keeps fighting it, urging me to lay down and go to sleep.

This is such an important time in my life and I have absolutely no energy and no motivation. I eat a varied diet, I take iron tablets, I get plenty of sleep, I spend a lot of time walking outside every day, but none of it helps, and these were all the suggestions given to me by my doctor. I don’t even want to have fun, because everything I think of sounds either boring or like too much effort, so I just spend hours watching films or videos or reading in bed. I’ve tried therapy, but it was completely useless, and I’m too young to take antidepressants. It’s been like this for years now, but it’s got even worse recently. What am I supposed to do? How can I change my life to actually gain some motivation? Or will it always be like this until motivation comes back to me?
You need to go to the Gym. The gym is the only solution to cure your lacklustre energy levels.
missimoo8000
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly i had a similar feeling but it was mainly caused by my depression. You need to do something or find something you enjoy no matter how hard it is as you will need to try and push through it. The gym really helped me and finding things to do with my girlfriend also helped as i was able to distract myself. I mean i still get little blips of this but i have to keep remembering that i am much better than this. You will overcome this, always here if you need a chat as i know how hard it is
ShishaSmoker
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
You need to go to the Gym. The gym is the only solution to cure your lacklustre energy levels.
Literally this^. It may sound weird but going to the gym does help a lot, physically as well as mentally.
PenPaper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by missimoo8000)
Honestly i had a similar feeling but it was mainly caused by my depression. You need to do something or find something you enjoy no matter how hard it is as you will need to try and push through it. The gym really helped me and finding things to do with my girlfriend also helped as i was able to distract myself. I mean i still get little blips of this but i have to keep remembering that i am much better than this. You will overcome this, always here if you need a chat as i know how hard it is
Yh... I have good friends who help me feel better.
missimoo8000
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PenPaper)
Yh... I have good friends who help me feel better.
I am glad you have friends like that, maybe go out with them more, ask to meet up, that would help alot!
PenPaper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by missimoo8000)
I am glad you have friends like that, maybe go out with them more, ask to meet up, that would help alot!
Yh we do, I have been with them for more than 7 years! We are pretty much like brothers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads