The Student Room Group

Why is everyone ranting about GCSEs tonight?

So many trending threads are ranting about GCSEs hahah

You only need 5 Cs and they're piss easy...

If you're struggling at GCSEs, I strongly advise you look into alternatives to college.
They want to match the TSR entry requirements of 50 A*s.
maybe because they have changed the spec which means we have it a lot harder than you haver ever had and most of the teachets don't really know what could come up so ye they're hard . we have no idea what the paper is gonna look like and we've only had specimen papers to practise with
Because. Actually I have no idea.
Original post by Interea
Yes, from what I’ve heard the days of reading the specification on the way to the exam and getting full marks are over... Very glad our only reformed one was English, which was always going to be my worst. :tongue:

I also think it’s got to the point in exams where people just want to be done already, it does feel very intense while you’re going through it!

ye and its even worse when you havent learnt the whole course and teachers expect u to teach yourself
gonna start ranting about A levels and how I’m dying wait
Reply 6
Original post by nbhjbmnjn

If you're struggling at GCSEs, I strongly advise you look into alternatives to college.

If they are easy for you can you try to help all of the people who are failing?
Reply 7
Its the concept that its new. No one can teach us properly because its new. My biology exam had "ringing" in it an I never even heard that word.
Also, the fact that these one/two/three exams decide your ability in school. My biology paper was so hard, I think I got a 5, but throughout all of secondary, I've been getting 7's. In the end, it's bs.
There's so much other points but I gotta revise for language now, exams tomorrow, wish me luck:redface:
you clearly don't know much about the reformations... and most people won't want just c's
hi
Reply 10
Original post by Student155
maybe because they have changed the spec which means we have it a lot harder than you haver ever had and most of the teachets don't really know what could come up so ye they're hard . we have no idea what the paper is gonna look like and we've only had specimen papers to practise with

I only did them in 2016...
I only did them in 2016...

ye but you did old spec for everything but english and maths and we got new spec for everything

Just wait till they hit A Levels.

I didn't get 1 C let alone 5, guess what? I'm still going to try and make it into university... I took mine in 2016 too.

Quick Reply

Latest