The Student Room Group

I need help with crafting a plan to revise for Paper 3?!?!?!

Right lads, I posted a thread about an hour or so before this current thread. Right so as the title suggests I need a plan. I currently have screwed up Paper 1 and 2 but have a possible margin to still gain a good grade.

My plan so far

- Go through every past paper I have. (CGP and Pearson)

- Mark em' and try not to look at the answers of the questions I missed out.

- Refer to the relevent sections of the corresponding books if I get a question wrong as well as the questions I've missed out.

FIN.

So there is my plan so far, feel free to add to it, or make a new plan. I am appreciative of all the help and advice I get from you smart lads. Crack on.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by AspiringAccount
Right lads, I posted a thread about an hour or so before this current thread. Right so as the title suggests I need a plan. I currently have screwed up Paper 1 and 2 but have a possible margin to still gain a good grade.

My plan so far

- Go through every past paper I have. (CGP and Pearson)

- Mark em' and try not to look at the answers of the questions I missed out.

- Refer to the relevent sections of the corresponding books if I get a question wrong as well as the questions I've missed out.

FIN.

So there is my plan so far, feel free to add to it, or make a new plan. I am appreciative of all the help and advice I get from you smart lads. Crack on.

You haven't said what subject.Sounds like GCSE maths,if i'm right i can help you
Tell me if i am
Original post by random user 24
You haven't said what subject.Sounds like GCSE maths,if i'm right i can help you
Tell me if i am

Oh right sorry. Yeah it is GCSE math. Exam board- Edexcel. Was looking for 9 but I've messed up paper 1 and 2 (lost 20 marks off both) So I need the full marks for this final paper to get an 8.
Oh right sorry. Yeah it is GCSE math. Exam board- Edexcel. Was looking for 9 but I've messed up paper 1 and 2 (lost 20 marks off both) So I need the full marks for this final paper to get an 8.

if you got full marks that would be 60+60+80=200 which is a likely 9
There are topics that will be likely to come up e.g iterations,vectors,something to do with a quadratic,n th term,polygons,simultaneous equations
but if you got around 60 on both papers full marks isn't likely as people that get full marks get 75+ on other papers
TRY and good luck!Theres no trick to getting full marks but i'd recommend improving problem solving skills,there are many papers with only problem solving questions
Original post by random user 24
if you got full marks that would be 60+60+80=200 which is a likely 9
There are topics that will be likely to come up e.g iterations,vectors,something to do with a quadratic,n th term,polygons,simultaneous equations
but if you got around 60 on both papers full marks isn't likely as people that get full marks get 75+ on other papers
TRY and good luck!Theres no trick to getting full marks but i'd recommend improving problem solving skills,there are many papers with only problem solving questions

I see what you're saying, but how do I go about improving said problem solving skills?
mathsgenie is really good, it even has a predicted paper 3 with topics that havent came up in paper 1 or 2 and are likely to come up on paper 3. So does corbet maths
Original post by justarosexo
mathsgenie is really good, it even has a predicted paper 3 with topics that havent came up in paper 1 or 2 and are likely to come up on paper 3. So does corbet maths

Thanks for the tip off.
I see what you're saying, but how do I go about improving said problem solving skills?

This will sound like the worst option but I highly recommend doing as many exam questions as you can find. You might find it boring but this is the best way to practice. I suggest finding the high mark questions that you would expect to see at the back of your paper as that is where you typically see those types of questions. (At least in AQA papers. Edexcel might be different.) Websites like corbettmaths may be able to help you out.

Do you know your formulae? Some questions require you to know specific ones.

Your revision plan sounds absolutely fine and I would stick to it.

Also, you don't know that you've screwed up. Other people may have found the same questions challenging. Remember your grade is dependent on the performance of everyone else in the country. Regardless of how well you may think you have done, it is over. Just invest your time into nailing this last paper and I'm sure you will get the high grade that you want.

Good Luck! :biggrin:
Thanks for the tip off.

np, good luck.
Original post by JoeyTanaka
This will sound like the worst option but I highly recommend doing as many exam questions as you can find. You might find it boring but this is the best way to practice. I suggest finding the high mark questions that you would expect to see at the back of your paper as that is where you typically see those types of questions. (At least in AQA papers. Edexcel might be different.) Websites like corbettmaths may be able to help you out.

Do you know your formulae? Some questions require you to know specific ones.

Your revision plan sounds absolutely fine and I would stick to it.

Also, you don't know that you've screwed up. Other people may have found the same questions challenging. Remember your grade is dependent on the performance of everyone else in the country. Regardless of how well you may think you have done, it is over. Just invest your time into nailing this last paper and I'm sure you will get the high grade that you want.

Good Luck! :biggrin:

You're a damn legend. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest