long distance relation Watch

emptystudent
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
With social media it is becoming common to hear people talking and developing relationship through internet. What are your thoughts on these types of relationships. are they worth it?. do they actually work? will you commit to one ? what problems to you face if not?. Reason I am asking this is because many of my friends are getting into one but i feel skeptical about it.
birthdefect
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by emptystudent)
With social media it is becoming common to hear people talking and developing relationship through internet. What are your thoughts on these types of relationships. are they worth it?. do they actually work? will you commit to one ? what problems to you face if not?. Reason I am asking this is because many of my friends are getting into one but i feel skeptical about it.
It could definitely work out fine if both parties put in the work; although it is much harder to maintain than a normal relationship.
In my experience, it’s okay if it’s your first relationship, but after you know what a normal relationship is like, often a long distance one won’t cut it for you.
Me personally, I need to be physically close to whoever I’m with; so I could never have a long distance. But that doesn’t mean to say that they don’t work
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by emptystudent)
I'm in a long distance relationship but we met in person, not online. I can almost guarantee that without social media the relationship would fail. It allows us to video call and message each other regularly so we rarely feel too distant from each other.

If you're willing to put the effort in and you trust each other then it will work. So many people seem to give up on long distance relationships because they cannot be f*cked to put in the effort it requires. I think long distance can be really beneficial because it shows the couple how much effort they are really willing to put into their relationship.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Long term relationships are more likely to work if at least one of the people involved has the flexibility to turn it into a short distance relationship. Maybe not straight away, but at some point in the foreseeable future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.71%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.11%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (72)
29.88%

Watched Threads