The Student Room Group

Can I get into Uni?

Uhh right so, I just took exams as a private candidate (3subjects - 6 exams) Comp Sci, Psychology and Soci. This was for year 12, I'm planning to continue these in year 13. However, I believe Comp Sci has a coursework based aspect which will have to be examined in the school I took the exams in. And so, I was wondering if I were to take the exams for these next year for year 13, if I could go to Uni in that same year (2019) after I'm done with year 13. Or if I would have to wait another year, since I don't know how the applying for Uni thing fully works, as well as providing grades/target grades.
Original post by gutz
Uhh right so, I just took exams as a private candidate (3subjects - 6 exams) Comp Sci, Psychology and Soci. This was for year 12, I'm planning to continue these in year 13. However, I believe Comp Sci has a coursework based aspect which will have to be examined in the school I took the exams in. And so, I was wondering if I were to take the exams for these next year for year 13, if I could go to Uni in that same year (2019) after I'm done with year 13. Or if I would have to wait another year, since I don't know how the applying for Uni thing fully works, as well as providing grades/target grades.

You would do year13 from Sept 2018 to June 2019- you get the results in August and then start Uni in Sept 2019. .So yes same year.
You would also be applying to uni via UCAS from 1 Sept 2018 and should have your place sorted out by April 2019 or sooner.

https://www.studential.com/university/applying/UCAS-application-guide
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You would do year13 from Sept 2018 to June 2019- you get the results in August and then start Uni in Sept 2019. .So yes same year.
You would also be applying to uni via UCAS from 1 Sept 2018 and should have your place sorted out by April 2019 or sooner.

https://www.studential.com/university/applying/UCAS-application-guide

oh alright thanks, would i be able to do all this without the need for a teacher? or anyone to do my predicted grades. cos i wont be attending the sixth form prob, but ill be there as a private candidate.
Original post by gutz
oh alright thanks, would i be able to do all this without the need for a teacher? or anyone to do my predicted grades. cos i wont be attending the sixth form prob, but ill be there as a private candidate.

Yes, but you will still need a referee.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Yes, but you will still need a referee.

Oh okay thanks, how would I go about getting one? Just asking someone at the sixth form or? Idk if they will say yes
Original post by gutz
Oh okay thanks, how would I go about getting one? Just asking someone at the sixth form or? Idk if they will say yes

Tutor, teacher, employer, person who knows you and is a professional.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference
Reply 6
oh okay thank you very much, uve been helpful

Quick Reply

Latest