The Student Room Group

Renting room in london?

Hi Everyone,
My name is peter, I am planning to rent a room in London. I have seen couple of websites like spareroom, gumtree, foxtons, zoopla, rightmove, sterlingdevere and some more which I can’t remember. I need a room which is cheap and at the same time it is good property. The room should be close to the station, so it will be easy to connect.

Can someone share their views which one should I trust? Spareroom has many option but I couldn’t find what I was looking for. I saw sterlingdevere which has some cheap options but not sure if I can trust. Please advice which agency should I use.
Thanks in advance
Original post by Peter.J912
Hi Everyone,
My name is peter, I am planning to rent a room in London. I have seen couple of websites like spareroom, gumtree, foxtons, zoopla, rightmove, sterlingdevere and some more which I can’t remember. I need a room which is cheap and at the same time it is good property. The room should be close to the station, so it will be easy to connect.

Can someone share their views which one should I trust? Spareroom has many option but I couldn’t find what I was looking for. I saw sterlingdevere which has some cheap options but not sure if I can trust. Please advice which agency should I use.
Thanks in advance

I would avoid Foxtons because they are very expensive.
Finding a place is a bit of a nightmare and the worst thing about moving to London imo.
You really find out a lot by seeing places in person and going on instinct.

Use them all and get an idea of prices and area. Just about anywhere on the tube network is ok, but look at where you will be studying and see how long the journey might take. First years normally get Uni accommodation. You might also want to consider one of the private student halls?

Spare room also has a student version if you have seen it, which should be cheaper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending